Spiritfarer and The Outer Wilds

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DaHeckIzDat

Spiritfarer and The Outer Wilds

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 10th, 2022, 11:53 am

Well, it finally happened. I'm gonna be stuck at home for at least a week. That makes now as good a time as any to check out a couple games on Game Pass that I've had my eye on for a while.

Spiritfarer is a cartoonish sidescroller where you play as a little girl ferrying souls of the dead across the River Styx. From what I've heard, it has a big emphasis on base building and a very emotional story.

The Outer Wilds is a small scale space exploration game. There are only a small handful of planets, and the planets are small as well, but honestly that sounds way better than something like No Man's Sky having a billion trillion life sized planets you'll never see or fully explore. The game is a time loop, with the sun exploding every twenty minutes or so, making you restart the adventure at the start while carrying over whatever accomplishments you made during the previous cycle.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Spiritfarer and The Outer Wilds

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 10th, 2022, 11:41 pm

I was having a great time with Spiritfarer...WAS...The anthropomorphic animal people were charming, and the base building and crafting felt streamlined just enough that it wasn't a chore.
But then I saved and quit, came back, and found out it hadn't saved at all. That was about two and a half hours of progress gone, and as much as I was enjoying it, I'm not sure I want to redo it all when there's the risk it'll just get deleted again.

Return to “Now Playing”