Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DrLitch

Re: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Postby DrLitch » March 22nd, 2022, 8:52 pm

Matchstick wrote:rather than to just rehash the Mushroom Kingdom setting again.

You will find Mario Sunshine quite superlative after consuming the Magic Mushroom Kingdom :idea:

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » March 23rd, 2022, 12:00 am

DrLitch wrote:
Matchstick wrote:rather than to just rehash the Mushroom Kingdom setting again.

You will find Mario Sunshine quite superlative after consuming the Magic Mushroom Kingdom :idea:

I wish I were drinking milk when I first read that, so I could have it shooting out from my nose :lol:

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » March 25th, 2022, 7:29 pm

I wonder how many of the people out there that disliked Sunshine, stuck with it very long?

I got it back in the day for Christmas. But at that point I was beginning to accumulate games at a much faster rate than I could possibly play them and I never did more than just give it a brief try.

Fast forward to 2022 and I finally dived into it on this collection. It didn't grab me immediately. In fact I wasn't sure if I'd even continue with it early on. But somewhere between 15-20 shines in, it just connected with me and I was hooked.

In fact I'm looking forward to finally playing through it on the GameCube itself one of these days. I doubt I'll do a 100% run, but I'll do everything else (While fun to do once, I don't see ever collecting all 240 blue coins again or bothering with the 100 coin shines in each level).

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » March 25th, 2022, 8:47 pm

Atariboy wrote:I wonder how many of the people out there that disliked Sunshine, stuck with it very long?

I got it back in the day for Christmas. But at that point I was beginning to accumulate games at a much faster rate than I could possibly play them and I never did more than just give it a brief try.

Fast forward to 2022 and I finally dived into it on this collection. It didn't grab me immediately. In fact I wasn't sure if I'd even continue with it early on. But somewhere between 15-20 shines in, it just connected with me and I was hooked.

In fact I'm looking forward to finally playing through it on the GameCube itself one of these days. I doubt I'll do a 100% run, but I'll do everything else (While fun to do once, I don't see ever collecting all 240 blue coins again or bothering with the 100 coin shines in each level).

I understand many people dislike Sunshine, but I love it as one of my favorites; the summery vibe, the use of the waterpack, the acapella version of the theme, and the many challenges. 20 years was definitely worth the wait. As for the other two, fun but not as Sunshine in my eyes, but that's just me.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » March 27th, 2022, 2:34 am

I'll admit the music is quite nice in Sunshine, but the whole premise of cleaning really turned me off. But shoot, MLB The Show doesn't come out for a few days so maybe I'll play it some more. But I'll probably use the original Gamecube version.

Never really got into Galaxy but at least Mario 64 never gets old.

Also the proper way to do these things is to add a little more to it, perhaps an extra level, extra quest. That way they're not just straight ports. Ocarina of Time on Gamecube had the right idea with the Master Quest.

Return to “Now Playing”