Kung Fu Master (Atari 2600)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Kung Fu Master (Atari 2600)

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 24th, 2022, 8:18 pm

Somebody recently brought this unreviewed Activision karate game to my attention. I'm glad they did because I have this game (complete I think).

Anyway it's a pretty decent side-scrolling fighting with five unique stages, each with its own boss. Took me a while to get a feel for the controls, but once I did I liked the game a lot.

I few interesting things. The manual is just text with no pictures at all. Pretty boring. Also, one type of enemy is called "midgets" in the book, which seems odd until you remember this came out in 1987.

Full review forthcoming!

envytomdead

Re: Kung Fu Master (Atari 2600)

Postby envytomdead » August 30th, 2022, 6:15 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Somebody recently brought this unreviewed Activision karate game to my attention. I'm glad they did because I have this game (complete I think).

Anyway it's a pretty decent side-scrolling fighting with five unique stages, each with its own boss. Took me a while to get a feel for the controls, but once I did I liked the game a lot.

I few interesting things. The manual is just text with no pictures at all. Pretty boring. Also, one type of enemy is called "midgets" in the book, which seems odd until you remember this came out in 1987.

Full review forthcoming!

Can't wait to read the review. I had a 7800 (still do) and I have to say I played the hell out of this game (still do). In 87/88, there were very few 7800 titles so this was a little taste of NES. I still play this version over the 7800 version.

Return to “Now Playing”