Cruis'n World (N64)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Cruis'n World (N64)

Postby Herschie » September 2nd, 2022, 4:02 pm

The nice part about this game is that it's just fun, despite its flaws. Sure, there's horrendous pop-up. Sure, it's not terribly realistic. For example, in Australia, you can hear the kangaroos making a "boing" sound whenever they jump. I was quite sure they didn't do this, but I had to find out for myself. Fortunately they have kangaroos at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. I watched them for over an hour and I did not hear one single "boing". You should have seen the looks I was getting from people.

I do like how you can drift, which I don't recall being able to do in "Cruis'n USA", and you can even pull off some nifty trick moves. You don't lose any speed when you drift around turns, which I suppose was intentional. How realistic the drifting is I don't know, I wasn't about to put that to the test in my Audi. The zoo thing was much easier.

So there you have it, a nice racing game that is quite welcome, since I can only play so much Mariokart.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Cruis'n World (N64)

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 5th, 2022, 6:09 am

Fab, the Cruisin games were always a great series. That was back when the N64 was a world leader.

Return to “Now Playing”