God of War Ragnarök (Playstation 5)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DrLitch

Re: God of War Ragnarök (Playstation 5)

Postby DrLitch » November 21st, 2022, 10:53 pm

I am playing God of War Ragnarök right now. About 14 or so hours in. Awesome graphics and set pieces much like it's prequel. I must roll my eyes regarding the plethora of perfect scores for what amounts to a brawler with added benefits. Nonetheless it is much better than it's predecessors GOW 1,2, and 3, while roughly drawing parity with it's prequel GOW. I will call it mild progress with the prequel laying the marker. A solid B+/A- game.

VideoGameCritic wrote:Tonight I had to sit through a two-hour teenage romance level.

I had to sit through half of Attack of the Clones before getting to the good stuff :D

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 21st, 2022, 11:08 pm

Yeah but I didn't have to watch Attack of the Clones for 14 hours before it started to get good. I value my time too much. If this doesn't get better soon I'm going to call cut my losses.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 22nd, 2022, 9:17 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I value my time too much. If this doesn't get better soon I'm going to call cut my losses.

Me jesting aside, in your review you should probably make it clear what you are getting for $70 given it is not an insignificant chunk of change. If you strip the cinematic parts and the customary padding, the game looks pretty short to me insofar as interacting with it. Perhaps 10 - 12 hours of pressing buttons and doing something. I have not completed it yet so this is a guess.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 22nd, 2022, 7:27 pm

I am FORCING myself to play this. Almost 10 hours in. Please - no more stories in games!!

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » November 22nd, 2022, 10:11 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I am FORCING myself to play this. Almost 10 hours in. Please - no more stories in games!!

I felt the same as you playing Last of Us 2 ;) .

How about break off from God of War and play something more up your alley? Finish it off later. Just visit your local Gamestop and pick up something far more sensible. Ratchet and Clank perhaps? I do know you want to finish just so you can get your review of God of War over with. Just break it up, try something else so you can get your first PS5 review off to a somewhat positive start.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 23rd, 2022, 8:04 am

DrLitch wrote:Just visit your local Gamestop and pick up something far more sensible.

I'm not sure which would be worse, playing this, or a trip to Gamestop.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 23rd, 2022, 4:49 pm

DrLitch - you're right. I need to step away from this game. I don't want to associate running the site with work!

I'll revisit it in a few weeks and see if it still sucks! LOL

Return to “Now Playing”