Klonoa 2

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Burk1

Klonoa 2

Postby Burk1 » August 27th, 2011, 1:45 am

This game is brilliant. I picked this up a while ago, and played a little in the first stage, just to be sure the disk worked, and was unimpressed.I wanted to get into something different so i thought I should try it again. It has great puzzles and some classic 2D platforming. I tried the story for a bit, but it make absolutely no sense. Music is a tad lame, but those are my only complaints so far.I only have the disk, so no instructions. Is it long? I seem to be moving through it pretty fast.

Truthfulpietro1

Klonoa 2

Postby Truthfulpietro1 » August 27th, 2011, 7:04 am

I've a copy that's got the instruction manual.

JWK1

Klonoa 2

Postby JWK1 » August 30th, 2011, 11:28 am

Awesome game.  This is one series that I own every game for.  Klonoa 2 (PS2) is probably the best in the series.

Burk1

Klonoa 2

Postby Burk1 » September 3rd, 2011, 10:13 pm

Alright, I am almost all the way through this game, but I still have no idea what is going on with the story. Have I not been paying attention, or is it just lost in translation?

DrCruse1

Klonoa 2

Postby DrCruse1 » September 4th, 2011, 7:24 am

[QUOTE=JWK]

Awesome game.  This is one series that I own every game for.  Klonoa 2 (PS2) is probably the best in the series.

[/QUOTE]
Are the GBA and Wonderswan games any good?

I definitely like Klonoa on the Wii (even though the voice acting and plot are horrendous). It's very awesome.

JWK1

Klonoa 2

Postby JWK1 » September 4th, 2011, 11:10 am

The GBA games are actually quite good.  It's not abnormal to hear someone declare either of them to be their favorite in the series.  Due to the limitation of the GBA, they aren't 2.5D platformers... you can't interact with the 3D background.  They're just 2D platformers with a bigger emphasis on finding items and puzzle solving.  It's games like those two that make the GBA so great; the GBA's hidden gems are every bit as good as it's heavy hitters and SNES ports.

The Wonderswan games?  Hmmm, well... I didn't know there were any wonderswan games, so I guess I don't have EVERY game in the series!!  I should have prefaced that by saying I own every NA release.  All the Japan only releases? I don't have any of those.

I like the Wii version, too.  It's very good, but yeah the voice acting is horrible.  I actually prefer the PSX original by a thin margin just because I like sprites more than the Wii version's polygons.  It's expensive, but if you have a PS3 and are willing to wait, it's going to be released very soon for PSN.

People are critical of Klonoa because the games are "easy," and yeah they really are.  But so what?  Mario platformers are easy, too.  They're works of art and it's nice to play a game that's so lighthearted in between all the Call of Duty's and hardcore RPGs and Strategy games.

Burk1

Klonoa 2

Postby Burk1 » September 8th, 2011, 8:59 pm

[QUOTE]People are critical of Klonoa because the games are "easy," and yeah they really are.[/QUOTE]

It is easy if you simply play from one end to the other. But if you try to get all of the stars, it is much harder. I feel the same way about the newer SMB games.

Return to “Now Playing”