Alien Vs. Predator (Jaguar)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Potts

Postby Potts » September 12th, 2011, 1:12 pm

First off, this has been the best Jaguar game I've yet played, even better than Raiden.
My only complaint is that the marine's movement is kinda sluggish, it would be nice if the marine moved as fast as the alien.

I have a question, I assume you activate Predator's invisibility by pressing the "0" button on the keypad? Do you need a certain number of points, or need to be at a certain point of the game? I just cant seem to get invisible.

PacFan

Postby PacFan » September 13th, 2011, 10:22 am

I remember renting this game and system when it first came out. It really blew me and my friends away. maybe they should have included it as a pack-in game.

As far as the invisibility and if my memory holds out that as soon as you move your isntantly spotted by the marines or aliens. It's been since the nineties that I've played. I have tried to track it down but the price always seemed to stop me from buying it.

Potts

Postby Potts » September 14th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Finding clearance cards is tough! I got to the 4th sub-level somehow with security clearance 1! This game sometimes makes me feel like a rat in a maze; overwhelming large levels, and everything looks very similar (this is strictly marine scenario, by the way). It's weird, because despite these complaints, its tons of fun! I finally found the pulse rifle, and it makes killing those aliens much quicker and easier.

Has anyone on this forum beat the marine scenario (ie obtained level 10 clearance and escaped via escape pod, which is my understanding of the mission)? It seems like its taking me forever to "proceed through the game", I feel like I am running in circles. Bt yeah, this game met my expectations and exceeded it. I couldn't imagine seeing this game in 1994, I'm sure it blew many way

Return to “Now Playing”