F-Zero GX (Gamecube)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Blueguy1

F-Zero GX (Gamecube)

Postby Blueguy1 » November 24th, 2011, 6:56 pm

So I've been playing the crap out of F-Zero GX on the Gamecube, which is surprising considering these days I usually play the crap out of my 3DS. Anyways I remember getting this game back in 2003, and loving it. Do I still love it? That, my friends, is a YES 

The game is really fun, and using boost power provides extra fun! The tracks have massive turns, ramps, and fascinating scenery. GX has some of the best graphics I've seen on the Gamecube, and the music is equally outstanding (I wear headphones while playing this game)! The story mode is tough as hell, but it adds more replay value to the game! 

If you own a Gamecube and you are a fan of the Gamecube, then get this game!

Herschie

Re: F-Zero GX (Gamecube)

Postby Herschie » September 15th, 2018, 4:33 pm

And almost seven years later, here we have a reply! So apparently I bought this game on Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 at 11:51 in the morning at the now-closed Gamestop across the street from Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois. The receipt has been in the case the entire time. I lived at home, and I was looking for something new to play. So I decided to play a little F-Zero. I remember my friends and I really liked this game when we got tired of all the shenanigans in Mario Kart Double Dash.

I finally played again today, and it reminded me of one thing I don't miss about that era: memory cards. What a pain! I kept cycling through them, positive that I had a save file on one of them. I didn't. Then I kept cycling through, trying to find one with enough space to create a save file. Finally, I got started.

Ultimately, I don't see myself playing this game for hours, but it is nice to grab every once in awhile when you need a change of pace. I was rather amused at the post-race interview afterward. The thing is, the controls are nice and tight, so the game never gets frustrating to play, yet they're not too easy, so you need to race with skill to win.

Voor

Postby Voor » September 16th, 2018, 8:53 am

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 16th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Haha I just figured most racing games were meant to be a speed run.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » September 16th, 2018, 11:38 pm

This is honestly my least favorite of the F-Zero games. The difficulty is just too much for me. Story mode completely kicks my ass.

Return to “Now Playing”