Mario Kart 7

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Blueguy1

Mario Kart 7

Postby Blueguy1 » December 25th, 2011, 3:06 pm

I got Mario Kart 7 for Christmas today, and I love it. The gameplay is clearly the best for the franchise, and there's new customization options. The tracks are the best, ranging from a sunken pirate ship, to a jungle, to a steep rocky hillside, and many more! The retro tracks have been tweaked to include ramps. The new gliding and submarine features are excellent, and the new first person mode is solid gold. Finally, the 3D effect is superb and the music is the best in the series since Mario Kart 64!

Overall, very satisfied, and I still must play more of this beast! Hey T. Mario Kart Guru, you have this game yet? I would to hear your opinion on it, as well as Dave's and the rest pf the forum. If you don't have it but have a 3DS, then I suggest getting it, because it doesn't get better than this!

porypowerhour

Mario Kart 7

Postby porypowerhour » December 26th, 2011, 2:36 am

The fiancee and I have been pretty addicted to this game for the past month. A fine addition to the 3DS library and I'd recommend it. I found it odd that pretty much every person who plays online is like, unbelievably good at MK7, but at least the online hardly lags/disconnects. I'm glad they brought back my favorite Mario Kart Wii tracks (Mushroom Gorge, Koopa Cape, and that autumny one that I forget the name of at the moment) as well as tracks from Mario Kart 64 which is my favorite of the MK games. I just wish the parts didn't cost so many coins, haha, I mean the most expensive one is like 20k, and after a month of obsessive playing I have somewhere around 4k coins. 

Overtheroad

Mario Kart 7

Postby Overtheroad » December 26th, 2011, 8:50 am

This game rules. I play it all the time in my downtime.

I like karts with very high handling, and I love the gliders.

Herschie

Re: Mario Kart 7

Postby Herschie » June 2nd, 2015, 7:31 pm

Cool game, but not as addicting as other installments. I miss the ability to bump someone off the edge.

Rev

Postby Rev » June 2nd, 2015, 8:31 pm

MK7 was definitely a pretty good title for the 3DS but I found that I quickly grew bored with it. I didn't put nearly as many hours into it as I did with MK DS, MK Double Dash, and MK 8. Definitely a fun title but compared to other MK titles I quickly lost interest.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » June 4th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Another thing I hate are all the customization options for the karts, most of which only make a marginal difference in performance. Double Dash had this perfect; they had a few karts to choose from, and they typically made a significant difference in performance.

Sometimes with a pick-up-and-play game like Mario kart, less is more. 8 suffers from this problem as well.

Rev

Postby Rev » June 6th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Yeah, I found the extra kart customization on the newer MK titles a bit annoying. I think Nintendo did it so they could have more unlockables in the newer games. I prefer the older titles where you simply had a kart to pick. However, after playing MK8 for a while it didn't bother me much anymore since I was able to make Toadette as fast as humanly possible. It's sad that the Golden Kart pieces aren't actually the best kart equipment.

Return to “Now Playing”