Resident Evil 4 (Wii, 2007)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 7th, 2012, 1:36 pm

I've mentioned that I tried playing this game probably 4 times before and after giving up in frustration, stopped and swore I'd never try again to see what all the fuss was about.  But after playing through Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS (which is an awesome game) I became familiar with the controls.  I now FINALLY understand RE4, I'm happy I didn't give up on this game.  It's easily one of the finest games I've played and I'm only on Chapter 2-3.  In fact, I actually enjoy the archaic, tank controls.

I'm playing the Wii version of the game, but using the Classic Controller.  I think after finishing it, I'll wait a couple months and then play through the HD version on PSN.  I hear Capcom didn't really change that much, but it will be nice to see things a little more clearly.  Awesome game.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » March 12th, 2012, 1:33 am

I'm glad you finally see the dark JWK.  Though I still prefer the Wiimote controls to the originals (and I assume to any version on the HD consoles), the game is thoroughly enjoyable either way.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 13th, 2012, 12:28 pm

The Wii version is great since it offers those multiple control options, plus has all the extras that the PS2 had.  But some of the environments are muddy on an HD TV.  After specifically looking for bear traps and then walking through an area and getting caught in one that I literally couldn't see because it blended into the environment, I decided my enjoyment would increase with better visuals.  So, I actually bit the bullet and bought the HD version on PSN over the weekend and I'm starting from the beginning again.  It's not a huge visual overhall (like it should have been), but it's enough of a difference that I can see everything.  I think I'm in love with this game.  Any version of the game is awesome, though I like the slightly enhancements from the HD version.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » March 19th, 2012, 2:42 pm

I finished the main game last night.  Wow.  That pretty much covers it.

Catching up after missing an entire generation of gaming has been pretty fun, but never more fun than this.  Resident Evil 4 is the best 6th gen game I've ever played.  And I'll be playing it for a while.  I have Mercenaries mode and new game + waiting for me.  I'm already two hours into Seperate Ways and it's awesome.  Plus I get to stare at Ada Wong in a red dress and that--in and of itself--justifies the existence of the entire game.  In a word: awesome.

Return to “Now Playing”