Godzilla Vs Kong Movie

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Godzilla Vs Kong Movie

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 13th, 2021, 8:30 pm

Well since I get the whole theater to myself I decided to see Godzilla Vs Kong tonight. When I was growing up I loved these kind of films, but the recent series (Kong Island, Godzilla, etc) left me kind of cold. Maybe it was all the CGI and maybe it was just hard to tell what was going on.

Well in this new one they pulled out all the stops and it's pretty good. Definitely action-packed with a lot of surprises. Clocked in at under 2 hrs thankfully. I noticed there was no extra scene at the end hinting at a sequel. Maybe because they left it all out on the court this time. It's probably a good way to wrap up the series - on a high note.

Alucard1191

Re: Godzilla Vs Kong Movie

Postby Alucard1191 » May 16th, 2021, 2:52 pm

I too loved these monster films growing up. I also really enjoyed the first pacific rim. I do feel like they've tried to go way too serious with this new batch though overall.

I will agree that this one was better than the previous ones. Especially King of the Monsters. I feel that if they inserted just a little bit more humor into this franchise it would go from "C" to solid "B to B+" material. The concept and rules that they made for the universe, (with the whole 'hollow earth' deal) is honestly really silly. I think it really needed some soft humor to help sell the over the top nature of the plot. I mean, you're watching a giant ape fight a radioactive lizard, it doesn't have to be shakespeare.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Godzilla Vs Kong Movie

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 16th, 2021, 3:16 pm

So why isn't there a video game based on this? Seems like prime video game material. I remember there used to be some pretty good giant monster games during the Xbox/PS2 era.

Return to “Other Media”