NBC Olympic Coverage

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
MSR1701

Re: NBC Olympic Coverage

Postby MSR1701 » August 3rd, 2021, 8:35 am

Olympics are still a thing? ;-)

Honestly I don't get much into the Olympics as I used to; after the local hype that was the Atlanta Olympics, each following event just didn't hold my interest, especially once I started realizing just how some sports had VERY arbitrary (read - rigged and/or biased) scoring (read - gymnastics).

I still find parts of the Olympics worth a watch, but other than a few highlights here or there, it just isn't my cup of tea.

On a side note, anyone here ever seen Animalympics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8BOxMa9eg

icepeople

Postby icepeople » August 3rd, 2021, 8:50 am

Sadly, NBC has been butchering its Olympics broadcasts literally for decades, although arguably they keep getting progressively worse. The only counteraegument is at least you can watch individual events via streaming. But ultimately I watch a broadcast from the UK, Canada, Norway or some other country.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » August 3rd, 2021, 4:42 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Olympics are still a thing? ;-)

Honestly I don't get much into the Olympics as I used to; after the local hype that was the Atlanta Olympics, each following event just didn't hold my interest, especially once I started realizing just how some sports had VERY arbitrary (read - rigged and/or biased) scoring (read - gymnastics).

I still find parts of the Olympics worth a watch, but other than a few highlights here or there, it just isn't my cup of tea.

On a side note, anyone here ever seen Animalympics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8BOxMa9eg

For my family, the Olympics is part of the bonding of me and my Mom. Gymnastics, Track, Swimming, Wrestling, and much more, it's worth staying up until midnight. I just finished watching Animalympics, and I love it! While some could say it's dated, I love the cultural references and the biggest of all Rene and Kit running hand in hand tying for first and starting a romantic relationship. Gotta love Billy Crystal and Gilda Radner's voice work.

Return to “Other Media”