Ultimate Nintendo Guide to NES and SNES - Limited Run Games

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
MSR1701

Ultimate Nintendo Guide to NES and SNES - Limited Run Games

Postby MSR1701 » January 7th, 2022, 10:11 am

To anyone interested, both the NES and SNES editions of the Ultimate Nintendo Guides (by Pat "The NES Punk" Contri) are available on Limited Run games. I had picked up both of these over the last couple of years, and they are very interesting reads, with a review per game and a commentary written by the reviewer, bet it Pat, an associate of his or an industry insider.

Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the NES Library
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/books-board-games-and-more/products/ultimate-nintendo-guide-to-the-nes-library

Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the SNES Library
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/books-board-games-and-more/products/ultimate-nintendo-guide-to-the-snes-library

lynchie137

Re: Ultimate Nintendo Guide to NES and SNES - Limited Run Games

Postby lynchie137 » January 16th, 2022, 6:50 pm

I gotta be honest. I'm not a big fan of his You tube channel. I mean, he's okay and all that. But I've never really sat down and binge watched his videos like I've done with AVGN or SNES Drunk. However, with that said, these books look to be very well done, thorough and informative, and I'll do my best to keep my eyes peeled for a copy or ten....

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » January 16th, 2022, 6:58 pm

You can also purchase directly from Pat Contri at punkeffect.com

lynchie137 wrote:I gotta be honest. I'm not a big fan of his You tube channel. I mean, he's okay and all that. But I've never really sat down and binge watched his videos like I've done with AVGN or SNES Drunk. However, with that said, these books look to be very well done, thorough and informative, and I'll do my best to keep my eyes peeled for a copy or ten....

Try checking out his podcast, he posts clips on youtube, where he's being himself and not a character. He and Ian know their stuff, even if I disagree sometimes.

He used to do a 24 hour charity all NES stream for a number a years that was a lot of fun. Here's a clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigkqQP3YDM
Last edited by Gentlegamer on January 16th, 2022, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » January 16th, 2022, 7:00 pm

lynchie137 wrote:I gotta be honest. I'm not a big fan of his You tube channel. I mean, he's okay and all that. But I've never really sat down and binge watched his videos like I've done with AVGN or SNES Drunk. However, with that said, these books look to be very well done, thorough and informative, and I'll do my best to keep my eyes peeled for a copy or ten....

I had heard of him years back, though I never watched any of his works. I picked up the books after seeing how detailed they are, and they are very informative (and humorous) works.

JohanOberg

Postby JohanOberg » January 17th, 2022, 8:41 am

US library of games only?

Would be nice if a book like this covered europe and japan as well, although it's a tall order, especially reviewing all those pachinko games etc...

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » January 17th, 2022, 9:02 am

JohanOberg wrote:US library of games only?

Would be nice if a book like this covered europe and japan as well, although it's a tall order, especially reviewing all those pachinko games etc...

US and PAL games are covered, along with unreleased and unlicensed games and a few accessories. Some Japanese games are covered, though not in as much detail as the PAL/US games.

charlie

Postby charlie » January 17th, 2022, 12:42 pm

There is an iphone app for pretty cheap that gets you most of the content. Of course it only lasts as long as your phone, so you are renting the content, etc. I feel like I got my moneys worth from it...

Return to “Other Media”