New York Vs Sicilian Pizza

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
djc

Re: New York Vs Sicilian Pizza

Postby djc » May 15th, 2022, 1:34 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:
BlasteroidAli wrote:Hawaiian pizza is the best!!! Bite after bite of solid pizza love.

I agree completely. Unfortunately I rarely find another person who wants to share one with me.

I really like Hawaiian pizza as well but I know it's an acquired taste. My absolute favorite pizza types are white pie w/ricotta and salad pie.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » May 15th, 2022, 10:10 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Isn't there one where they put the sauce on top? Never had it but willing to try.

No, it's a big cracker with bad sauce and some kind of mutant cheese called "Provel", cut into squares in case it wasn't already perverse enough.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » May 15th, 2022, 10:27 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:Hawaiian pizza is the best!!! Bite after bite of solid pizza love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdVjNv2n-wo

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 18th, 2022, 11:18 am

C64_Critic wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdVjNv2n-wo

That is a bit mean, C64.
So what is your fave? I also like Double pepperoni pizza, margarita, meat feast, and Parma ham.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 18th, 2022, 12:14 pm

Since this has turned into a general pizza thread, I must say the two best places I've ever had pizza from are Steve-O's Pizza in Erie, PA with their incredible stuffed pizza, and Disc-O Pizza at Nelson Ledges, in Garrettsville, OH with all their wacky yet delicious flavors including General Tso's and s'mores!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » May 18th, 2022, 12:52 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Since this has turned into a general pizza thread, I must say the two best places I've ever had pizza from are Steve-O's Pizza in Erie, PA with their incredible stuffed pizza, and Disc-O Pizza at Nelson Ledges, in Garrettsville, OH with all their wacky yet delicious flavors including General Tso's and s'mores!

Yummy! Around my neck of the woods, I have one go-to pizza joint: House of Pizza, it's been in the neighborhood since 1976, the recipe is simple yet very effective, and they have other delectable items such as calzones, rigatoni, chicken parmesan, and stuffed shells. When it comes to the more commercial kinds, I think I'd have to go with Dominoes or Pizza Hut, when there is nothing else around, though the latter is very greasy.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » May 18th, 2022, 2:12 pm

Stalvern wrote:Be thankful at least that you've never had St. Louis pizza.

I had to google St. Louis pizza, which uses no yeast in the crust and as a result has a cracker-like consistency (according to Wiki).

I’m a fan of thin crust pizzas and one of those goofballs who likes anchovies and pineapple as toppings. I also like to make my own pizza from scratch. The family loves it. I use a Bobby Flay pizza dough recipe (great recipe, but you need to add stuff like garlic and/or onion powder, thyme, oregano to really make it pop). For the sauce I just use a 28 ounce can of whole or diced tomatoes (and maybe an extra 14 ounce can), add sautéed garlic and onion, dried herbs, blend it, heat up the sauce, put it on low, then reduce for an hour or more to the right consistency.

I use three cheeses, mozzarella, regganio, and parm. The kids like pepperoni (at the deli) and onion as toppings, and my wife and I have different toppings depending on our mood. And I’ll stop now because when it comes to cooking I literally won’t shut up about it.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » May 18th, 2022, 8:12 pm

I like basically every pizza, though Chicago deep dish is my absolute favorite. If I'm choosing between New York and Sicilian, I'll take New York, please and thank you.

wur

Postby wur » June 11th, 2022, 8:01 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm stilled stunned a person like me can get this far in life and not know what the different types of pizzas are.

I’m living in Georgia the Country now, and their answer to pizza is Khachapuri—there are different forms, but the canonical version is called Adjarian Khachapuri.

Basically you have a bread bowl filled with melted sulguni cheese and an egg yolk and butter—you stir the butter and egg into the cheese, and then break off the sides of the bread and dip it into the cheese-egg mixture. It’s pretty good!

(Sulguni is like mozzarella, only it’s pickled and then smoked, so it has a stronger flavor..)

Return to “Other Media”