I hate listening to the news. Anyone else?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Gleebergloben123

Re: I hate listening to the news. Anyone else?

Postby Gleebergloben123 » May 8th, 2022, 11:14 pm

So just to confirm, political talk is now allowed here?

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » May 8th, 2022, 11:49 pm

I was watching the news today in the US and they may outlaw abortion. What do you think? (Is this where this site is going?)

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 9th, 2022, 12:01 am

Nope!

Let's focus on games so we can escape from our everyday lives!

Focus people!!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 20th, 2022, 7:07 pm

BBC news is pure doom and gloom.

The news papers I read are doom and gloom.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » May 20th, 2022, 7:13 pm

One word answer: YES!!!! It either depresses me or infuriates me. And really, who wants that?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 21st, 2022, 8:26 am

That's why God created video games. Stop watching news and start playing.

Now... if we begin having power outages this summer... well I'll be back complaining on this thread!

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » May 21st, 2022, 4:32 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Now... if we begin having power outages this summer... well I'll be back complaining on this thread!

Better stock up on double-A's for your Game Gear, just in case :lol:

Tron

Postby Tron » May 21st, 2022, 8:12 pm

Hardcore Sadism wrote:Saturday Night Live is one of the most depressing casualties that actually makes me yearn for the 1995 and prior late night skits I never got to see because my child brain was too much of a bumble bee. The garbage Colbert poops out of his facial-rectal cavity is everything that stands against comedy. Also Jimmy Kimmel really does seem like the next #metoo (don't get me started on how the news ran with this) despite him being another mainstream media mouthpiece. I can't stand his hypocritical grave dancing that certain groups aren't allowed to dish back (according to MSNBC and CNN).

Proper and predictable is what may fly for college campuses these days, but comedy isn't about soothing your feelings about societal problems, it's about being able to laugh at everything and yourself. Everything today being "except for key issues", and "yourself" being if you aren't an interest group for propaganda machines. People who have no care or passion for humor are being given the microphone, and as any reasonable person would expect, it's hurting these corporate parasites where it matters.

Good. Lose your viewership, you feed everyone your own brand of hatred even though you decry specific voter groups or the country as a whole as a source of incorrigible hatred.

I like this guy. If y’all skipped over his post I dare say read it now.

Soooooo. The news is fake. The news is owned by the government. The government lies. The government oppresses and controls the citizenry. America is not free. The police are thieves. The courts are corrupt.

Comments welcome until censorship occurs and you can be assured it will be done for your best interests and for your own protection.

Return to “Other Media”