Last Concert You Attended

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Last Concert You Attended

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 5th, 2022, 11:21 pm

Maren Morris, Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia MD. Aug 4, 2022 (yesterday).

I think the previous concert I saw at this venue was White Snake! LOL

Robotrek

Re: Last Concert You Attended

Postby Robotrek » August 6th, 2022, 5:55 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Maren Morris, Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia MD. Aug 4, 2022 (yesterday).

Ironically, I saw Whitesnake at Merriweather just a couple of years ago. Though I really went to that festival to see Kix (who I see every year at the same venue).

I'm not seeing another concert this year until W.A.S.P. comes back to the US. I haven't seen them since I saw them at, surprise surprise, Merriweather Post Pavilion almost 10 years ago.

That venue has some real history with me. I've been going there since the 80's, when my brother took me to see Dio and Accept!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » August 6th, 2022, 7:24 am

Did see one classical music concert from the Philadelphia Orchestra last year, though in 2019 I managed to see these two legends: The Doobie Brothers and Carlos Santana both at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center in August. You should have seen the theater packed to the hilt! Santana played the classics like "Black Magic Woman", "Corozon Espinado", "Yaleo", "Maria Maria", and the biggest hit of all "Smooth" it flat out rocked!

Shapur

Postby Shapur » August 7th, 2022, 2:59 pm

Real concert? Like velvet revolver in 2007-ish. Girl at the time liked them. It was honestly much too loud and was enjoyable outside smoking a cigarette. Perfect volume.

I did watch an assortment of live music for Chinese New Year 2021. Girlfriend was performing a couple songs, and playing the violin so once again had to go.

noah98

Postby noah98 » August 7th, 2022, 6:35 pm

Alice in Chains, Hard Rock Orlando 2018

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » August 7th, 2022, 8:04 pm

Def Leppard four years ago.

jackj5000

Postby jackj5000 » August 7th, 2022, 8:50 pm

Billy Currington at the Lancaster Festival 7/30 (Last Saturday) - Lancaster, Ohio

Going to see Metallica next Sunday, 8/14 at PNC Park - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » August 8th, 2022, 12:34 pm

Last concert was ZZ Top and Cheap Trick in 2019. Great show by both bands.

I was going to a Korn concert in the summer of 2020 - not the biggest fan anymore but Faith No More and Helmet (neither of which I've seen) were also playing and I was syked for that - but everything closed down a month after I got the tickets.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » August 8th, 2022, 7:29 pm

INXS, August 1988 at Civic Arena, Pittsburgh PA, during their ‘Kick’ concert, Ziggy Marley opened. First, God I’m old. Second, can’t believe I haven’t been to any non-local concert in a million years.

Third, and you didn’t ask, but I was able to score 3 sweet seats for the INXS concert because I worked at a local department store (my official title was Stockboy…this was 1988) and our store sold tix. Our seats were 30 rows back and two friends came with me. After Ziggy performed my one friend got the idea to sneak to the front row. As we were about to do it, I chickened out, hesitated, and went back to my seat, BUT my two friends were able to make it to the front row for Michael Hunchence and INXS.

I go back to my seat in now-lame row 30 (instead of the front row) and I’m moping and stewing and so pissed off with my two friends. “I scored the tickets!” I stewed to myself. “How could they bail on me?!?!”

A minute or two later, this really really pretty girl asks me “Excuse me can I sit here?”
I’m thinking “holy crap are you actually talking to me?!?”, she was that pretty.

So I watch INXS with this incredibly attractive woman, we were standing either on our chairs or dancing together the whole time. After the concert we hugged and parted ways. And boy oh boy did my attitude toward my friends change after the concert ended. I went from “How can they do this to me?!?” to “Well ya know I’m sure they enjoyed the front row so it’s all good”.

Great times.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » August 9th, 2022, 6:25 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Maren Morris, Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia MD. Aug 4, 2022 (yesterday).

I used to live in Maryland years ago (great State) so used to go there often. The last time I was there I saw Def Leppard, probably 1994 or 1995. I moved out of the state in 96 and have never been back. Anyway, the last concert I saw was the Psychedelic Furs in Providence, RI a few weeks ago. Great show!

Return to “Other Media”