Indiana Jones 5 leak

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BanjoPickles

Indiana Jones 5 leak

Postby BanjoPickles » October 2nd, 2022, 8:47 am

Did anybody see the leaked footage from D23? I was genuinely impressed with what I saw, and I’m convinced it’ll be better than Crystal Skull. I do, however, have a few concerns (trailer spoilers ahead:

1). It is now confirmed that they’re using de-aging technology in what I can assume are flashbacks. As somebody who has seen The Irishman, this concerns me. Are they just deaging his face, because there is no way he’s not going to move like a 78-80 year old man. Remember the unintentionally hilarious scene in the Irishman when DeNiro beats up the shop keep and moved with the stiffness of an old man?

2). With a new director, will this even feel like an Indiana Jones movie? James Mangold is a terrific director, don’t get me wrong, but he isn’t the director who spent years behind the camera on this franchise. The original trilogy had a certain feel, and even the last one still felt like Indiana Jones, in small doses. I’m worried that this won’t feel like an Indiana Jones movie, in the way it’s paced.

3). Age. There is no escaping the fact that Harrison Ford is a very old man. In the last movie, part of what ruined it were all the jabs at his age, but it’s also unavoidable.

4). VFX. The last movie was VFX overkill. Will they repeat that mistake?

That being said, I’m hopeful. Unlike Crystal Skull, they’ve actually been using real locations, and nothing I saw in the trailer looked like a soundstage. Also, I like the rumored mcguffin (an artifact whose name escapes me that makes time travel possible), and even the rumored name has a nice ring to it (Indiana Jones and the Prisoners of Time).

Thoughts?

BanjoPickles

Re: Indiana Jones 5 leak

Postby BanjoPickles » October 2nd, 2022, 8:48 am

Oh, and I love that last shot of him cracking the whip to ward off a group of assailants, only to have them draw their guns on him and open fire.

Voor

Re: Indiana Jones 5 leak

Postby Voor » October 2nd, 2022, 5:43 pm

I’m excited. iJ is my favorite franchise and as someone who genuinely enjoyed Crystal Skull, I’m happy to see more. As long as it’s not boring and is entertaining, I’m sure I’ll like it.

I’m not worried about the director. If you watch the movies, they all follow a pretty defined structure, so I feel that if they can continue that, it will “feel” like an IJ film.

Ford is old, but that OK. We’ve seen this in other movies like Creed, and it can still make a compelling story.

Return to “Other Media”