Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 4th, 2022, 8:01 pm

Don't know about you guys, but I am psyched for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIzPvirp4bo

Looks like it has a lot of flashbacks, in order to tie up the whole series and bring it to a conclusion.

Trailer looks like fun...

Zack Burner

Re: Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny

Postby Zack Burner » December 4th, 2022, 8:30 pm

Oh yeah, I saw it too, looks like a whole lot of fun, let's hope they include Marion as well, but maybe not Shia again....at least they didn't return Willie Scott, boy she sure was annoying.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » December 5th, 2022, 2:47 am

I mean... I really liked the trailer to Crystal Skull when I first saw it, sooooooo...

Granted, I don't hate that movie nearly as much as some others do. But there's still plenty of things about it I wish were done differently. I can't watch it without fast-forwarding through the "swinging with monkeys" part.

Then again, I skip the "eyeball soup" part of Temple of Doom, too. Even the older films had their faults.

Zack Burner wrote:...maybe not Shia again...

I honestly liked his character quite a bit. But I think he's pretty much quit Hollywood. I hope he's OK.

My biggest gripe is with the title. Is that really the best the Disney think-tank could come up with? It's lacking a certain panache, and worse, it makes me think of dish soap. Plus, it's pretty bad when some of the video games (Fate of Atlantis, Infernal Machine, Staff of Kings) arguably have better titles than the upcoming film.

Hell, plenty of Young Indy episodes have better titles than "Dial of Destiny."

Of course, this is the same company that gave us Star Wars titles like "The Force Awakens." Gee-wiz...

What's in a name? A lot. Hopefully the film, itself, will make up for it - but I'm not holding my breath.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 5th, 2022, 9:25 am

Glad to see John Rhys Davies again as Sallah, I always liked that guy, boisterous yet beneficial. Found out there won't be Marion, guess Karen Allen got tired of that role. I did hear Indy's got a goddaughter in this one though.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 7th, 2022, 12:02 pm

i am hoping it is great and we get a load of new games from it. Plus they make a movie about Pitfall Harry.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 14th, 2022, 4:16 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:i am hoping it is great and we get a load of new games from it. Plus they make a movie about Pitfall Harry.

What I wouldn't give for a halfway decent Indiana Jones game. Most of them are pretty bad.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » December 14th, 2022, 4:45 pm

Herschie wrote:What I wouldn't give for a halfway decent Indiana Jones game. Most of them are pretty bad.

Ooooooh... them's fightin' words, Hersch :twisted:

Granted, your opinion of Indy games may hinge largely on how much you can stomach old-school point-and-click adventure titles. If you can, you'll find The Fate of Atlantis, as well as the adventure game based on The Last Crusade, to be pretty high-quality. If you have a Wii, I'd recommend The Staff of Kings. The game itself is OK, but you can also unlock The Fate of Atlantis with little effort. It plays great on the TV with the Wiimote!

The Emperor's Tomb is a straight-up Tomb Raider knock-off, but it's on the original Xbox and also available to download from the current Xbox store. Many people consider that to be the best "modern" Indy game.

If you liked the Super Star Wars titles, Indiana Jones's Greatest Adventures on the SNES is a good time.

I guess it's a pretty bad sign when the most-recent game I've listed here is over ten years old. Isn't there currently a next-gen Indy game in development? I could have sworn I saw a teaser trailer for it...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 14th, 2022, 5:47 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:i am hoping it is great and we get a load of new games from it. Plus they make a movie about Pitfall Harry.

Come to think of it, they don't make games about movies any more do they??

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » December 14th, 2022, 8:28 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:

Come to think of it, they don't make games about movies any more do they??

Great observation, problem is they don't make too many movies any more. Where is the Topgun Maverick game? Anyway, I thought the last Indiana Jones was perhaps the worst movie I ever saw. Sorry folks, I hated it! Honestly, I think the series has been down hill since Raiders which in my opinion, is the greatest move of all time not named Empire Strikes Back.

Return to “Other Media”