Missing no technology

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Missing no technology

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 25th, 2023, 9:37 am

In the old days, you had to plan your route and actually pay attention to your surroundings! And learn how to use a map.

Just like so many other aspects of our lives, having internet access has allowed us to stop thinking!

jon

Postby jon » June 6th, 2023, 5:36 pm

I know it's been like this for a while. But it's so creepy to me when I'm on my computer shortly after being on my phone listening to a grindcore band 324, and the computer recommends it. I mean, it's so intrusive. Sure I may be seen as an old geezer but it's very sleazy.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » June 7th, 2023, 12:09 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:In the old days, you had to plan your route and actually pay attention to your surroundings! And learn how to use a map.

Just like so many other aspects of our lives, having internet access has allowed us to stop thinking!

I was just talking to my son about something similar. Do you remember back in the olden days when you actually had to ask someone for directions? That’s practically a thing of the past with cell phones and GPS.

And back then when someone would ask you for directions, you kind of had this weird sense of pride, like “I’m sharing info you need”. Even Einstein must’ve asked for directions every now and then as the 1st half of the 20th century had really weak internet signal.

Return to “Other Media”