Never Buy Epson Printer

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Re: Never Buy Epson Printer

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 4th, 2023, 2:00 am

the worst printer i had was a kodak inject printer and scanner. It had the same issues as the epson. Though it was supposed to print 100 to 200 pages per ink cart I was getting about 20 pages. A total pile of **** that I took great pleasure in tossing it in the garbage some years back.
I have a laser printer and I have never change the cart. Good stuff. I so very rarely use printers now.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 8th, 2023, 2:56 pm

Judging from this article, looks like all the printer brands are pretty bad. You can't win!

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/12 ... nts-page=1

bigfriendly

Postby bigfriendly » December 8th, 2023, 3:53 pm

I run an Ebay side hussle for a guy so I have to print labels off several times a week. The office has an Epson printer and its the same deal. Even when you print only black which is all that I do it slowly drains all three of the color cartridges also. I told the office supervisor that when it craps out that they should consider a low grade laser printer instead. That deal where it drains the color ink seems like a total sham. And yes it's blantantly obvious that they probably don't much on the printers but we are totally getting bent over for the cartridges. They are probably made in China for only a fraction of what we are paying for them.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 8th, 2023, 4:17 pm

bigfriendly wrote:Even when you print only black which is all that I do it slowly drains all three of the color cartridges also. I told the office supervisor that when it craps out that they should consider a low grade laser printer instead. That deal where it drains the color ink seems like a total sham.

Do you mean you're printing in black-and-white mode or just that you only print black-and-white documents? If you print black-and-white documents in color mode, colored ink gets mixed in and goes to waste. This also looks much worse than only using black ink, and I can't think of a reason for it except to rip people off. If you aren't already printing in black-and-white mode, make sure to set it in the printing menu. If you are already printing in black-and-white mode, you have one nasty printer.

bigfriendly

Postby bigfriendly » December 9th, 2023, 9:36 am

I'll double check the settings but I'm pretty sure that it set for black only. I could totally see Epson, HP and many others doing this on purpose. Think of the profit margins they are making on these ink cartridges.

Return to “Other Media”