Stanley Cup Playoffs

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Miles Prower

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Miles Prower » May 31st, 2023, 9:19 pm

So who do we have winning the Stanley Cup, guys? Florida or Vegas? I've got the Golden Knights winning it in 6.

bluenote

Postby bluenote » June 1st, 2023, 10:27 am

Miles Prower wrote:So who do we have winning the Stanley Cup, guys? Florida or Vegas? I've got the Golden Knights winning it in 6.

I think Florida in 6, but honestly, I think it can go either way

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » June 1st, 2023, 2:28 pm

Vegas in six. Looking forward to it, can't wait for Saturday night.

jon

Postby jon » June 2nd, 2023, 10:39 pm

I want the Panthers to win, but I’m just so put off by them trying to distance themselves from Miami. I used to be so interested in all that undeveloped land growing up. But I kind of wish it would’ve stayed undeveloped. The team used to play in Miami freaking Arena for crying out loud. Now it’s a bunch of annoying people who hate Miami.

It’ll be fun either way. I love Las Vegas.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » June 3rd, 2023, 12:23 pm

Hard to say who’s gonna win this one. On one hand, you have the Panthers, who have been on an incredible Cinderella run this postseason. So it’d be nice to see them cap it off with a cup. But on the other, Vegas is a really strong side that has steamrolled over every one of their playoff opponents. So you have to consider them a slight favourite going into the finals. Plus, history has not been overly kind to under dog teams in the finals, with only a handful actually being good enough to win it all. That being said, I do think both teams are definitely deserving to win the cup, and I am hoping for some good hard nosed hockey in the Finals...

jon

Postby jon » June 4th, 2023, 11:43 am

At the end of the day, being an 8 seed always catches up to you, as history shows. When Vegas took the 2-1 lead I knew the game was over, and probably the series as well. I can’t say I’ll be upset with the northern transplant, anti Miami fan base the Panthers primarily has. Forget them.

jon

Postby jon » June 21st, 2024, 4:38 pm

It’s a pretty freaking big game tonight. I’m still conflicted as to if I want my old team, the Northeastern Transplant anti Miami Panthers or Edmonton Oilers. I forget that Edmontons best player but isn’t he having one of the best playoffs of all time in points scored? And I think it’s been forever since a Canadian team won the cup. It seems like the Oilers have all the momentum to force a game 7 tonight.

I didn’t want to start a thread about this or continue that old one. But again the NBA is a joke compared to the NHL. Players in the NHL care about teamwork and want to win in the playoffs. I’m starting to think that some middle of the pack NBA teams have players that want to lose in the early rounds to have a longer offseason. It’s become absolutely absurd.

Miles Prower

Postby Miles Prower » June 21st, 2024, 11:17 pm

I actually went into this series thinking that Edmonton was going to win. I was pretty surprised when Florida went up 3-0. Maybe I'll be proven right in Game 7?

JohanOberg

Postby JohanOberg » June 22nd, 2024, 3:04 am

I've been an Oilers fan for 30 years and was excited to see them back in the finals for the first time since 2006 and 1990 before then, but then they lost 3 games in a row so I kind of gave up, but now it's game 7 so I might have to get up in the middle of the night to watch it on monday(time difference).

jon

Postby jon » June 23rd, 2024, 11:19 pm

JohanOberg wrote:I've been an Oilers fan for 30 years and was excited to see them back in the finals for the first time since 2006 and 1990 before then, but then they lost 3 games in a row so I kind of gave up, but now it's game 7 so I might have to get up in the middle of the night to watch it on monday(time difference).

Staying up all night after a certain age becomes pretty taxing. Four years ago I stayed up all night to watch Djokovic against Federer at the Australian Open Semi's, and the rest of the day I was literally crazy. Our noon basketball game I started talking about just ridiculous stuff and didn't even stop, stuff like girls I had crushes on in high school and my life's history. Then a year or so ago I got no sleep and I was at a family get together and it was literally like I was high. I was acting so weird.

Anyways, it seems inevitable that the Oilers will win game 7 tomorrow night. I've found out very well what the word "conflicted" means because it does hurt a little bit seeing the Panthers lose, but only like an unexpected needle in the arm at the doctors. The whole northeastern contingent can go back home and it can go back to all that land being undeveloped like it used to. It seemed like there were so many possibilities, but the yanks can get a one way ticket far away. And it's not even that. There's people from other countries I've known who come here and are Panthers fans embracing the ridiculous new era. Man I miss life through around to the early 90's.

Return to “Other Media”