Favorite sitcoms

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameTemple

Re: Favorite sitcoms

Postby VideoGameTemple » August 3rd, 2015, 12:05 am

don't watch sitcoms much, I stick to cooking shows, game shows and cartoons

Shapur

Postby Shapur » August 3rd, 2015, 8:18 pm

For my favorites its got to be, Arrested Development fo' sure. Except the fourth season as others said. Tried twice and still can't get through it and also Seinfeld - I've got the whole show on DVD and I'll still watch it whenever it's on.
Of course I'll still watch some of the classics if I come across them like I Love Lucy or the Dick Van Dyke Show. Three's Company too. It's cheesy and stupid sometimes(errr often) but John Ritter is just hilarious and I still love the show. The only sitcom currently on TV I watch is Last Man Standing. I always liked Tim Allen, and I can relate to how his character feels sometimes about the world around him.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 7th, 2015, 4:56 am

"Family Matters". Interesting that my mother in law lives by the Winslow house. My wife and I drove by it the other day, it's still there right off of Ashland and Wrightwood. There's this crazy expensive house next door on one side, but the Urkel house is still there on the other side.

And "The Honeymooners" gets me cracking up each time. I guess they just don't make 'em like they used to.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » September 23rd, 2015, 1:41 am

Been rewatching Coach lately and see that it's not on my earlier list. So add another one to it. :)

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » September 23rd, 2015, 6:33 pm

Peep Show is a criminally underrated British sitcom that unexpectedly became one of my favorite shows ever. It uses point-of-view shots almost exclusively, and you frequently hear the inner monologues of the main characters. The dialogue is often exceptionally hilarious. There is a heavy dose of cringe comedy involved, and it's often both extremely uncomfortable and side-splittingly funny to witness. It might not be for everyone, but I highly recommend it to those who would appreciate its humor. Since it's a British show, there are only six episodes per season (48 episodes in total right now), so you won't waste all that much of your life while binge watching it.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » December 30th, 2015, 9:54 am

It's hard for me to list my favorite of anything, so I'll list some sitcoms I like which are worthy, but overlooked.

[*]I Married Joan 50's sitcom, similar to I Love Lucy. Joan Davis plays the wife of a judge. Jim Backas (Mr. Howl from Gilligans Island, the voice of Mr. Magoo) plays her husband. Ran about 5 seasons.
[*]Blondie Another 50's sitcom. Based on Dean Young's comic strip. Ran one or two years. Have a few episodes on tape, pretty good.
[*]My Little Margie Summer replacement for I Love Lucy, if memory serves. A father tries to raise his daughter; a daughter tries to raise her father.
[*]Bachelor Father 50's or 60's sitcom. An uncle tries to raise his niece. Similar to The Ozzie and Harriet Show, Leave it To Beaver, The Donna read Show, etc.

Return to “Other Media”