The real life Chun Li by Akiman aka Akira Yasuda.

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Sonicx9

The real life Chun Li by Akiman aka Akira Yasuda.

Postby Sonicx9 » August 16th, 2015, 1:56 pm

I know the critic is a big Street Fighter fan/a fan of Chun-Li, here is the real life version by Akiman aka Akira Yasuda who was the Artist/Character Designer of Street Fighter 2/other Capcom Fighting Games:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... pcwjpg.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... dskjpg.jpg

Here is the text from the original Kotaku Article "Is This Lady the Perfect Chun-Li?":

"You might have a notion of who you'd think could pull off the perfect Chun-Li. Then again, you didn't develop Street Fighter II so what the hell do you know?"

"Japanese illustrator Akiman, one of gaming's most celebrated artists, illustrated Chun-Li—and a whole bunch of other cool characters."

"Recently on Twitter, he posted a series of photos of bikini idol Ai Shinozaki. Make that, retouched photos of Shinozaki, a twenty year-old idol and singer, known for her curvy figure."

"Akiman repeatedly wrote on Twitter that he'd love if Ms. Shinozaki dressed as Chun-Li and uploaded several photos to show what he had in mind. They can be viewed in the above gallery."

"Previously, Kotaku featured Akiman's art. If you missed it, do check it out. Also, his official blog is packed with numerous illustrations and worth checking out even if you do not understand Japanese."

More info on Akiman aka Akira Yasuda on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Yasuda and here is some of his artwork here: http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Akiman
Last edited by Sonicx9 on October 31st, 2015, 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

ptdebate

Re: The real life Chun Li by Akiman aka Akira Yasuda.

Postby ptdebate » August 16th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Good cosplay, for sure, but the poses are super lame. Chun Li should be in some kind of fighting stance, not lounging seductively on a couch. Doesn't even remotely fit her character.

Rev

Postby Rev » August 17th, 2015, 12:41 am

I know the whole point is to make guys cream their pants but shouldn't she be a bit more muscular? Chun Li's legs could literally break a wall in two. She looks too soft to play Chun Li (in my opinion).

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 17th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Rev wrote:I know the whole point is to make guys cream their pants but shouldn't she be a bit more muscular? Chun Li's legs could literally break a wall in two. She looks too soft to play Chun Li (in my opinion).

I think for Dave The Video Game Critic case, that might be somewhat of a good thing, because if you read some of the Street Fighter game reviews/the forums, he has been grossed out by Chun Li having huge thighs in some of the later games in the series, here is two quotes from one of his reviews/forum post: "but Chun Li is saddled with the same enormous thighs she picked up during her Alpha days (not to mention man-hands)." and "Yeah, the original Chun Li was definitely a babe, so I will need to add that icon." "HOWEVER, the Chun Li in the later games (including SF4) has these immense oversized thighs that look totally gross." "What in the hell are they thinking??" forum his Street Fighter 4 review and a post from along time ago!
Last edited by Sonicx9 on October 30th, 2015, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » August 20th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:I think for Dave The Video Game Critic case, that might be somewhat of a good thing, because if you read some of the Street Fighter game reviews, he has been grossed out by Chun Li having huge thighs in some of the later games in the series, here is a quote from one of his reviews: "but Chun Li is saddled with the same enormous thighs she picked up during her Alpha days (not to mention man-hands)." from his Street Fighter 4 review!

I figured that the dichotomy of being a cute girl who still looked like she could totally destroy you was Chun-Li's main appeal, hence the horse legs and (to borrow from Archer) Truckasaurus hands. One of the many mistakes they made with that terrible Chun-Li movie some years ago was casting a very thin, unimposing actress in the title role. You honestly need someone similar to Gina Carano (who, admittedly, isn't a great actress) in body type to be convincing.

Return to “Other Media”