R.I.P Lemmy Kilmister

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
SigSauerLover

R.I.P Lemmy Kilmister

Postby SigSauerLover » December 29th, 2015, 12:44 am

Lemmy Kilmister, the bassist and lead singer for the awesome metal band motorhead, is sadly no longer with us. His grimey, distinctive voice and bad ass appearance will remain in metal heads memories for the rest of time. Help give the guy some love. Throw on the overkill album, and play it loud! Irritate your neighbors, shake the apartment upstairs. If the cops show up, make sure you scream "FOR LEMMY!".

velcrozombie

Re: R.I.P Lemmy Kilmister

Postby velcrozombie » December 29th, 2015, 9:39 am

A hell of a thing to wake up to. I am currently going through the complete Motorhead discography for the first time (just listened to Bastards and Sacrifice) and this is a punch in the gut, although not necessarily unexpected; Lemmy was on the WTF podcast with Marc Maron just a few months ago and I was shocked how frail and weak he sounded. Absolutely the face of rock 'n roll and by all accounts a gregarious and thoughtful man. If you haven't seen it, check out the documentary Lemmy to get a better picture of who he was.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » December 29th, 2015, 1:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX7P6c0VwBQ

He was frail, and that video shows that some alarm bells should have been raised. The man basically played himself to death. But the fans didn't care. He walked out on the third song, and people still gave him props. Lemmy was simply a performer. He wanted to please his audience. That's fan service right there!

Next time Lemmy, whenever, wherever!

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 30th, 2015, 8:38 am

I love Motorhead, so the death of their legendary frontman is sad. Rest in peace, Lemmy.

Return to “Other Media”