Albums you didn't like at first but then loved?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Albums you didn't like at first but then loved?

Postby Retrology » May 28th, 2016, 11:09 pm

These are albums you didn't understand at first but with patience and more listens you began to love them.

Radiohead: Kid A: "Why are there fart noises everywhere? Where are the guitars? Why does Thom Yorke's voice sound like a machine?" All these questions subsided as years later, I revisited this album with more "sophisticated tastes", and it all came together. This was revolutionary and innovative stuff back in 2000, and it still sounds amazing today.

Mr Bungle: Mr Bungle: I hated this at first because the song structures didn't make sense and the vocals were bizarre. After a few listens, however, I loved it because the song structures didn't make any sense and the vocals were bizarre.

Deftones: White Pony: Edgy guitar and soft vocals shouldn't mix, I said, foolishly. Then a few more spins later, I was in love. One of the coolest (and most underrated) albums you'll ever hear.

Death Grips: The Money Store: I was more dumbfounded by the music at first, but then I appreciated and loved it for how ballsy and original it is. Fantastic experimental hip hop that every celebrity seems to love.

Primus: Pork Soda: See Mr Bungle, though with bizarre white trash vocals and insane bass/guitar that really grow on you over time.

Thoughts?

Return to “Other Media”