Dogs

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Tron

Re: Dogs

Postby Tron » May 5th, 2017, 10:51 pm

Tron wrote:I love dogs, but not in my house. My wife and kids want a dog. I've said no a 1000x. Eventually my wife will catch me in a good mood or tired or non-coherent & I'll accidentally say "ok". Then the next day before I can correct myself I'll be the new caregiver for a dog.

I predicted my own future. We now have a yellow lab puppy. Not my choice,of course. She's a good little bitch. Doesn't bark too much. Nips a lot. I say, "No bite" & grab her by the snout. Don't worry I'm gentle. I don't do it hard to make her yelp. She's not a very intimidating dog, not like the mutts we had when I was a kid in Detroit. Wife is happy. Kids are happy. I'm happy enough.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 11th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Tron wrote:
Tron wrote:I love dogs, but not in my house. My wife and kids want a dog. I've said no a 1000x. Eventually my wife will catch me in a good mood or tired or non-coherent & I'll accidentally say "ok". Then the next day before I can correct myself I'll be the new caregiver for a dog.

I predicted my own future. We now have a yellow lab puppy. Not my choice,of course. She's a good little bitch. Doesn't bark too much. Nips a lot. I say, "No bite" & grab her by the snout. Don't worry I'm gentle. I don't do it hard to make her yelp. She's not a very intimidating dog, not like the mutts we had when I was a kid in Detroit. Wife is happy. Kids are happy. I'm happy enough.

I'd encourage you to consider taking the puppy to puppy dog training/social play classes. Essentially, they let all the puppies play together. It teaches them how to bite by other dogs. They know they've bitten too hard when they hear the whelp. It's the quickest way for them to learn not to bite (as it hurts). (unless you want to bite her and show her how it feels to get bitten) :)

We took ours to a play class/training through the animal humane society. I'm not sure if you have one in your neck of the woods but it was a great way to have our little guy learn. He's still terrible on walks but that's on us.

Good luck!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 12th, 2017, 10:10 am

I still want Hershie's pug. And no my friend the white dog is all Yours! :D

Tron

Postby Tron » May 17th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Thanks for the advice ActRaiser. She's not nipping as much now. She's getting bigger. She's getting better in walks too.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » May 18th, 2017, 1:15 pm

matmico399 wrote:I still want Hershie's pug. And no my friend the white dog is all Yours! :D

Won't be hard to lure him away, just have something fairly edible handy!

Herschie

Postby Herschie » July 1st, 2017, 1:40 pm

This freeloader enjoying my video game room while I toil away at work!

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 1st, 2017, 8:17 pm

Here's some pictures of Mitzi just because I want to.

(I swear she's a cat)

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 14th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Just gotta three y/o German Shepherd. I freaking luv this dog!

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » December 14th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Tron wrote:

I would love a yellow lab or a black one. Though I am just unlucky as I am single and no one is about to take the pooch out when I am not in so i guess no hell hound for me. Oh well.
Two of friends have dogs so I get a bit of dog time every now and again.
Wives are good like that. They know when to pick their moment. Hope you have good times with your hound.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » December 15th, 2017, 2:30 am

This is my dog Hershey. He's an 11 month old pitbull boxer mix. I freaking love the little guy, even if he can be a son of a gun.
Attachments
resizedimage.jpeg
resizedimage.jpeg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

Return to “Other Media”