Dogs

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Herschie

Re: Dogs

Postby Herschie » December 19th, 2017, 11:56 am

Adorable. I'm guessing he's full of energy and always wants to play?

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » December 22nd, 2017, 5:21 pm

So I am around my friends house. He has this white bull terrier. The first time the dog saw it was scared of me. Now fully grown it is still scared of me but is growling at me the whole time. I can say that I am not going to go round my pals.

If a dog is a happy pooch you can play with endlessly. Bull terriers are miserable. It being an English one I have seen quite a few of them over the years and for the most part they have been gits.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » April 6th, 2018, 1:53 pm

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-a ... 19d38.html

From 2 dogs to 50...

A woman had 2 dogs to look after her ranch. She took in another dog her friend couldn't keep. Problem: the first two dogs were girls, her friend's was a boy.

Yeah... If you want to keep a boy dog & a girl dog you might think about getting two kennels

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 6th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Hopefully I'll be moving into a new duplex soon, and I'm seriously thinking about getting a second dog to keep Mitzi company while I'm at work. She wants so bad to be a social dog, but all the other dogs at my current apartment are aggressive, so... :P

Anyway, my dream dog is still a great dane, but that's probably not the best choice right now. Still, as long as it's gentle and nonaggressive, I'd love to get a dog that, if not big, is at least bigger than a shih tzu.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » May 15th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Apparently he's never seen the episode of "The Three Stooges" where Joe ate a cigar. The episode was "Quiz Whizz" (1958).

Anyway, it tasted like crap when I smoked it. I guess that's what I get for being lazy and buying it at the corner store instead of the cigar shop.

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Hopefully I'll be moving into a new duplex soon, and I'm seriously thinking about getting a second dog to keep Mitzi company while I'm at work. She wants so bad to be a social dog, but all the other dogs at my current apartment are aggressive, so... :P

Anyway, my dream dog is still a great dane, but that's probably not the best choice right now. Still, as long as it's gentle and nonaggressive, I'd love to get a dog that, if not big, is at least bigger than a shih tzu.

Black pug would be perfect. I love my fawn, and he's worth all the vacuuming. Fawn pugs shed like crazy.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 15th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Herschie wrote:Black pug would be perfect. I love my fawn, and he's worth all the vacuuming. Fawn pugs shed like crazy.

I did indeed end up moving, but unfortunately it turns out they have a one animal limit.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » May 24th, 2018, 7:21 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
Herschie wrote:Black pug would be perfect. I love my fawn, and he's worth all the vacuuming. Fawn pugs shed like crazy.

I did indeed end up moving, but unfortunately it turns out they have a one animal limit.

That is just not fair I was looking forward to more dog photos.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 28th, 2018, 8:06 pm

On the subject of dogs, maybe someone here can give me some advice. About a month ago I moved into a new apartment, and I brought my four year old shih tzu, Mitzi, with me. Mitzi is 100% house trained, but for some reason she's suddenly decided she doesn't want to poop outside, only inside. Four times last night, I only had to turn my back and there'd be a new mess on the floor. I even woke up to find out she had pooped in my bed while I was asleep! Anybody have any ideas why she might be doing this, or how to stop it?

Herschie

Postby Herschie » June 5th, 2018, 9:38 am

DaHeckIzDat wrote:On the subject of dogs, maybe someone here can give me some advice. About a month ago I moved into a new apartment, and I brought my four year old shih tzu, Mitzi, with me. Mitzi is 100% house trained, but for some reason she's suddenly decided she doesn't want to poop outside, only inside. Four times last night, I only had to turn my back and there'd be a new mess on the floor. I even woke up to find out she had pooped in my bed while I was asleep! Anybody have any ideas why she might be doing this, or how to stop it?

I'd go with a professional trainer. One thing I did was use a spray on the papers that smelled like dog urine so that they'd know to piddle there instead of my floor.

There are definitely worse dogs though:

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » July 14th, 2018, 7:27 pm

https://abcnews.go.com/US/friendly-dog- ... d=54223728

Hikers are followed by a friendly dog. When they look at his tag it has a message:

'The front of the tag read: "Hi, I'm Smokey. I live nearby so please don’t take me. I like to follow hikers sometimes."

And the back: "Don't worry, I'll go home when I get tired. My people love me a lot. Thanks for being nice!"'

Return to “Other Media”