Dogs

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Rev

Re: Dogs

Postby Rev » July 15th, 2018, 12:25 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:On the subject of dogs, maybe someone here can give me some advice. About a month ago I moved into a new apartment, and I brought my four year old shih tzu, Mitzi, with me. Mitzi is 100% house trained, but for some reason she's suddenly decided she doesn't want to poop outside, only inside. Four times last night, I only had to turn my back and there'd be a new mess on the floor. I even woke up to find out she had pooped in my bed while I was asleep! Anybody have any ideas why she might be doing this, or how to stop it?

You might try the tips from this site. I agree mostly with the 1st and 3rd paragraph but it's all worth looking at. It sounds like it could be several factors which he covered in his article: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/pets/ ... rained-dog

How to Solve the Problem

Even though Marley is probably housetrained, Melanie’s best bet is Housetraining 101. A predictable routine with frequent outings should help him return to a pee and poop schedule that doesn’t include overnights. Melanie could also change the timing of Marley’s supper, or even get up in the middle of the night to give him a toilet break. She can set the alarm half an hour later every night, until Marley is back to a first-thing-in-the-morning schedule.

Melanie says she’s been giving Marley stern looks while she cleans up. Stop those stern looks, Melanie! Marley may just learn that peeing and pooping are best done out of sight. As I’ve said before, that’s the fast route to the behind-the-couch dog toilet.

Finally, Melanie should do whatever she can to ease Marley’s stress. I suggested some possibilities to explore concerning the outdoors, and the predictability of the housetraining regimen can help overall. Remember: a predictable, pleasant routine is a huge stress reliever.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 15th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Oh and here are my dogs...

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 15th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Rev wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:On the subject of dogs, maybe someone here can give me some advice. About a month ago I moved into a new apartment, and I brought my four year old shih tzu, Mitzi, with me. Mitzi is 100% house trained, but for some reason she's suddenly decided she doesn't want to poop outside, only inside. Four times last night, I only had to turn my back and there'd be a new mess on the floor. I even woke up to find out she had pooped in my bed while I was asleep! Anybody have any ideas why she might be doing this, or how to stop it?

You might try the tips from this site. I agree mostly with the 1st and 3rd paragraph but it's all worth looking at. It sounds like it could be several factors which he covered in his article: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/pets/ ... rained-dog

How to Solve the Problem

Even though Marley is probably housetrained, Melanie’s best bet is Housetraining 101. A predictable routine with frequent outings should help him return to a pee and poop schedule that doesn’t include overnights. Melanie could also change the timing of Marley’s supper, or even get up in the middle of the night to give him a toilet break. She can set the alarm half an hour later every night, until Marley is back to a first-thing-in-the-morning schedule.

Melanie says she’s been giving Marley stern looks while she cleans up. Stop those stern looks, Melanie! Marley may just learn that peeing and pooping are best done out of sight. As I’ve said before, that’s the fast route to the behind-the-couch dog toilet.

Finally, Melanie should do whatever she can to ease Marley’s stress. I suggested some possibilities to explore concerning the outdoors, and the predictability of the housetraining regimen can help overall. Remember: a predictable, pleasant routine is a huge stress reliever.

Thanks, but I already took her time the vet. Turned out she'd gotten worms from God knows where. Gave her some medicine, and she's all better again

Rev

Postby Rev » July 15th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Well, I feel foolish now, thought you posted that recently, lol. Glad she's ok. :D

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » July 16th, 2018, 5:52 am

Rev wrote:Well, I feel foolish now, thought you posted that recently, lol. Glad she's ok. :D

Your hounds are gorgeous.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » August 8th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Thought this was useful: http://www.foodfurlife.com/feeding-guid ... -dogs.html

(It says dogs eat 2-4 percent of their body weight per day.)

Herschie

Postby Herschie » August 15th, 2018, 11:31 pm

pacman000 wrote:It says dogs eat 2-4 percent of their body weight per day.

My little guy would eat every last crumb we got! Literally everything he does is to try and get food. It's so cute how he'll bark and motion his head towards the kitchen. He's very manipulative.

He also hates it when people are yapping during the Cubs:

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 17th, 2018, 10:30 pm

I'm a cat guy, but these pics are precious.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 17th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Here's a few pics of mine, since everyone else is doing it.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » August 21st, 2018, 9:34 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Here's a few pics of mine, since everyone else is doing it.

the images have not come through, can you repost?

Return to “Other Media”