Impractical Jokers

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retrology

Impractical Jokers

Postby Retrology » February 26th, 2017, 11:55 pm

Reality shows usually do not have any business having big audiences. Many reality shows are generic, boring, and obnoxious without being the least bit entertaining.

With that being said, Impractical Jokers is the rare exception. It's a hidden camera prank show, with a twist. The difference is the pranksters generally don't know what they are doing until they are actually doing the prank, and look just as uncomfortable (if not more so) than the person they're pranking. Also, there's a loser board and "thumbs up/down" for completing the prank. If the "joker" as they're called gets the most thumbs down, they get the punishment of the episode, which is much worse than any of the challenges.

What makes this show work is that the 4 pranksters were all high school friends, know each other's deep dark secrets, and the twist of the joker being humiliated plus sometimes rejecting the challenge make them a lot more likeable. Each joker has their own personality and traits too (Joe is the ballsiest of the four and is sensitive about parenting because he's the only one that's married, Sal is the most charming but is scared of cats among other things, Q is the shyest one but also the least humiliated it seems, and Murr is the most intimidating of the jokers but is afraid of heights and such).

Anyway, this is a hilarious show, and I always watch it with my friends. It's one of two shows that makes TruTV worth purchasing alone (the other being March Madness games). Thoughts? Any Impractical Jokers fans?

Robotrek

Re: Impractical Jokers

Postby Robotrek » February 27th, 2017, 4:05 am

It's amusing, but I personally feel it's staged. Seriously, it takes place in NYC, and the show has millions of fans. How do they not recognize the pranksters?

Return to “Other Media”