NFL Football viewership down

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Atarifever

Re: NFL Football viewership down

Postby Atarifever » October 3rd, 2017, 9:28 pm

Herschie wrote:Now this whole Vegas shooting. You'd think we'd be hearing condolences to the families. I can't even imagine what they are going through. But no! We hear politics. Calls for gun control. Rumors that he's ANTIFA...

Without going into too much politics, I just want to concur with this post. Within moments of the Vegas shooting a person on my Facebook feed who is heavily into politics (at the grassroots level, not in office) was making gun control points (I won't say on what side) around it. I could not disagree with anything in the argument for or against her side more than I disagreed with her talking about it at that time. It turned my stomach that bodies can be cooling on the ground and people can't wait to get their silly, slacktivist, idiotic partisan points in about it.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » October 3rd, 2017, 10:35 pm

Can we please lock this thread? I come here to escape all this stuff about the NFL, politics, etc etc etc, as it's EVERYWHERE. This place is my sanctuary, where I read about video games, from classic to modern. And I do love video games, like Frogger and Bagman and Tempest and Ms. Pacman.

scotland

Postby scotland » October 4th, 2017, 6:03 am

I think the thread has drifted enough now to lock it.

We try to avoid politics here. This thread avoided talking right/wrong, parties, policies or about specific people, but several of us felt strongly even talking about 'politics as an intrusive theme of everyday life' was over the line. The same issue came up in just marking the anniversary of 9/11.

Lots of threads could be political to some, not to others - for instance, what if Presidents Bush 41 or Carter pass away - can we talk about it? Can we talk about hurricanes? Can we talk about politics inside video games itself? Or can we talk about most anything as long as everyone is civil and its not overtly and obviously political? Or should we really stick to pixels and playstations and leave the rest for Facebook and Twitter?

The Critic may clarify the guidelines for his site, but in the meantime lets try to focus on video games.

Return to “Other Media”