D&D Art & Arcana book

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

D&D Art & Arcana book

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 2nd, 2019, 8:57 pm

When I was in school I'd get together to play Dungeons and Dragons with friends, but frankly it seemed like we spend most of the time looking through the awesome books and illustrations. Forget all the complicated number charts, I just wanted to look at the pictures. I was mesmerized.

I haven't played D&D in decades but I recently stumbled upon this goldmine of a book. Dungeons and Dragons Art and Arcana is a journey through the evolution of D&D, with an emphasis on the art work. This thick tome is so much fun to read or just page through. There are so many cool fantasy pictures printed in full color on big pages. They show the covers of all the modules and there's even a section of the video game artwork. There are pages dedicated to the evolution of certain monsters throughout the various D&D editions.

I just started looking through it but I am really impressed so far. I think it was $36 on Amazon but that's a bargain considering this is a huge hardback you'll want to keep.

Gentlegamer

Re: D&D Art & Arcana book

Postby Gentlegamer » February 2nd, 2019, 9:21 pm

It is a superb book, and surprisingly well researched.

My username 'Gentlegamer' was directly inspired by Gary Gygax.

Return to “Other Media”