O's Chris Davis 0 for 49!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

O's Chris Davis 0 for 49!

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 9th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Chris Davis of the Orioles is on a historic 0-49 streak dating back to last year (0 for 28 this year with 15 strikeouts)!
How can this happen? The guy used to be an All-star and home run champ! He forgot how to hit??

A few theories:
- he was on more than Adderall when he was hitting all those homers
- the "shift" is killing him
- pitchers have figured him out
- it's all mental

If it's any consolation, the O's only owe him 23M for each year for the next four years.
Thoughts?

jon

Re: O's Chris Davis 0 for 49!

Postby jon » April 10th, 2019, 10:58 am

I’d say I’m surprised and I would be in the 80’s or 90’s, but it’s just not surprising. 2018 was the first year in mlb history with more strikeouts than hits. Batters getting on base was also lowest ever. If I’m surprised it’s that he keeps on staying on the majors. Admittedly I don’t know much about this guy. When I looked at his pic he didn’t look like a guy that goes 0 for 49

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » April 15th, 2019, 2:32 pm

I play a lot of daily fantasy sports, and Davis is priced way down on some sites.

He looks like he is finally getting back in the groove, as he hit a home run today and had another nice game over the weekend. Maybe a symptom of his poor hitting was because he is a power hitter. Those players are known to strikeout a lot. Aaron Judge struck out sixteen times in one playoff series against the Indians, if I remember correctly.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » April 18th, 2019, 5:35 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:- he was on more than Adderall when he was hitting all those homers

Adderall helps a ton in sales, why should baseball be any different?

Seriously, I hope this guy has a monster season and hits .290. What a story that would be!

Return to “Other Media”