NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
noah98

Re: NFL Football

Postby noah98 » November 22nd, 2019, 3:27 pm

As a Steelers fan, it pains me to say this, but Lamar Jackson all the way, with only Russel Wilson in contention. I so wanted the Steelers to trade up for him in the draft, feeling confident that he was undervalued, and then to my horror, the Ravens snatched him! Worked out pretty well for them where I'm standing...

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » November 22nd, 2019, 7:02 pm

Lamar Jackson's doing so well, he's got me playing Mutant Football League again with the recently-added Brawltimore Razors. That LeMaul Jackhammer demon they got playing QB is pretty... pretty... pretty good.

Hard to believe the year Russ Wilson is having with the Seahawks, though. Not a fan of any West Coast teams, but Seattle's season is just as impressive as Baltimore's thus far. Jackson's got the eye-popping stats and high QBR, but I think Wilson's TD-INT ratio is... (checks ESPN) 23-2. 23-2!!

I'd flip a coin between them. I like 'em both, so I can't really go wrong either way ^_^

Retrology

Postby Retrology » November 25th, 2019, 1:26 am

Hey the Browns are pretty fun as of late! Yeah it's the Dolphins but damn when's the last time you could say Cleveland's offense had 2 games of 40+ points in a season?

The Titans are pretty inconsistent but wow they killed the Jags today. And this was a 7-3 haltime affair!

Also, the 49ers are......real good. I'm looking forward to Lamar Jackson going up against that defense, hopefully that's an all timer.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » November 25th, 2019, 7:40 pm

noah98 wrote:As a Steelers fan, it pains me to say this, but Lamar Jackson all the way, with only Russel Wilson in contention. I so wanted the Steelers to trade up for him in the draft, feeling confident that he was undervalued, and then to my horror, the Ravens snatched him! Worked out pretty well for them where I'm standing...

As a fellow Steelers fan, it also pains me to say it but I'd have to go with Lamar Jackson as well - it's not even close. I thought the NFL had "figured him out" at the end of last year when the Chargers totally shut him down in the playoffs, but man he's been darn near unstoppable week after week doing the same thing. No one seems to know how to contain him, and even if they do his accuracy with pocket passing has been amazing.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » November 25th, 2019, 10:47 pm

This is insane. Their last 5 victories have been blowouts. Baltimore is totally unstoppable. Here I thought Big Ben would come back and take the Steelers back to the top with Super Bowl rings. Boy was I wrong!

Funny that Chargers game was brought up though. A lot of people at the game were screaming for Flacco to come out and play. What a mistake THAT would have been. As for the Chargers, it is them who are now struggling.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » November 26th, 2019, 12:05 am

Yeah it's now Lamar's MVP to lose. What a debut on Monday Night. First QB to throw 5 TD passes in his MNF debut!

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » November 26th, 2019, 2:45 pm

C64_Critic wrote:
noah98 wrote:As a Steelers fan, it pains me to say this, but Lamar Jackson all the way, with only Russel Wilson in contention. I so wanted the Steelers to trade up for him in the draft, feeling confident that he was undervalued, and then to my horror, the Ravens snatched him! Worked out pretty well for them where I'm standing...

As a fellow Steelers fan, it also pains me to say it but I'd have to go with Lamar Jackson as well - it's not even close. I thought the NFL had "figured him out" at the end of last year when the Chargers totally shut him down in the playoffs, but man he's been darn near unstoppable week after week doing the same thing. No one seems to know how to contain him, and even if they do his accuracy with pocket passing has been amazing.

As a fellow fellow Steeler fan (why do you think I keep bringing up https://www.pinballpa.com/), as long as the Ravens or the Chiefs or the Saints or Beelzebub beats the Pats, I'm peachy-keeno groovy.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » November 26th, 2019, 3:04 pm

I'm not surprised the Ravens scored that many points, they have been playing great. I am surprised the Rams played that poorly. They were so good the last two years, and they've been pretty bad lately.

Lamar jackson continues to amaze. I would go with him for MVP, with Russell Wilson a close 2nd. Where would these teams be without these players.

I would have loved to see the Dolphins take Lamar. I'm surprised he fell as far, and it's possible that teams are hesitant to take QB's who are primarily runners. He has been awesome so far.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 26th, 2019, 9:28 pm

The Ravens are on a rampage, and I have a feeling the 49ers are about to run into a buzzsaw when they come to Baltimore on Sunday.

The thing about Jackson is that they are letting him run college plays. I'm so sick of NFL people forcing mobile QBs to be pocket passers instead of letting them do when they do best. Yes you can run the option in the NFL.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 1st, 2019, 3:55 pm

Hardly a buzz saw, but a W nonetheless.

Return to “Other Media”