NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
MSR1701

Re: NFL Football

Postby MSR1701 » October 12th, 2021, 6:21 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:
MSR1701 wrote:I heard two words Sunday that you never hear in the same sentence - Falcons and Won

Booo I am a Jets fan.

I'm a UGA fan... 8-) Go Dawgs!

So used to the Falcons losing, I didn't believe it when I heard they won a game.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » October 12th, 2021, 9:22 am

A guy I follow on twitter always tweets out how Lamar Jackson is not good. did it last night, and in their win over the chiefs. I'm not sure what he is talking about. Looks pretty good to me.

I've also been reading a lot about how my Dolphins should have drafted Justin Herbert instead of Tua Tagovailoa. Herbert looks great, while Tua has been in and out of the lineup. The Dolphins have poor coaching, so I wonder if Herbert would be as good in Miami.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 12th, 2021, 10:54 am

I think the Jets should have kept Sam Darnold for another year, whilst allowing the rookie 1st round draft pick to learn the ropes. Then if Zack has the chops he can take over in the second year. Not the NYJ. Trade Darnold to Carolina then stick the rookie in for a sink or swim season? I never understand the jets. It is also, not the first time they did this. Namath is a one off. I just wish that after 50 years they would understand that.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » October 12th, 2021, 11:02 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:I never understand the jets.

Replace Jets with Falcons and you have summed up my thoughts on the Falcons. Matt Ryan is a good QB, but if you don't have an offensive line to give him time, what good is he??? Been asking that for more years than I can remember...

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » October 12th, 2021, 3:00 pm

CharlieR wrote:A guy I follow on twitter always tweets out how Lamar Jackson is not good.

The only thing not good about Lamar Jackson is his haircut :lol:

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » October 12th, 2021, 7:35 pm

I have been a major football fan since I was 10 years old. When I turned 20 I still enjoyed the NFL, but my focus was on the Georgia bulldogs. Finally this year we are ranked number one in the nation. Hopefully we can pull out a national championship this year as this is the best team we have had in 40 years. The defense is ridiculous they are so good.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » October 12th, 2021, 7:38 pm

matmico399 wrote:I have been a major football fan since I was 10 years old. When I turned 20 I still enjoyed the NFL, but my focus was on the Georgia bulldogs. Finally this year we are ranked number one in the nation. Hopefully we can pull out a national championship this year as this is the best team we have had in 40 years. The defense is ridiculous they are so good.

For your amusement... 8-)
https://youtu.be/Y39INuRtCVI

Go Dawgs!

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » October 13th, 2021, 7:12 am

matmico399 wrote:I have been a major football fan since I was 10 years old. When I turned 20 I still enjoyed the NFL, but my focus was on the Georgia bulldogs. Finally this year we are ranked number one in the nation. Hopefully we can pull out a national championship this year as this is the best team we have had in 40 years. The defense is ridiculous they are so good.

While I still hope my Buckeyes can pull off a national championship, I'd much rather see UGA at the top then Alabama. They're the Patriots of college football.

Also, not to take anything away from Lamar's performance, but that Monday night game was about the Colts choking hardcore as much as the Ravens escaping with a win.

jon

Postby jon » October 13th, 2021, 8:40 am

Oh yes, the same Dolphins that 2 years ago were going to take the world by storm with their plethora of 1st and 2nd round draft picks......Not.

Believe it or not my biggest gripe is those freaking uniforms. It’s like they're trying to be as ugly as possible. I see cars with Dolphins license plates or decals and it makes me mad because it’s so ugly. We were up there with the best uniforms in sports before the change.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » October 13th, 2021, 8:50 am

Luigi & Peach wrote:Also, not to take anything away from Lamar's performance, but that Monday night game was about the Colts choking hardcore as much as the Ravens escaping with a win.

This is taking away from his performance. Take a look at the Colt's defensive scheme all night. You don't believe the Ravens were going to be able to adapt to that? The Colts were banking on the run, which is reasonable, it's the Ravens for Pete's sake! They were sitting there with their thumbs up their asses when the offense switched to a more pass-heavy scheme. They didn't know how to account for it. ESPECIALLY with Lamar's ridiculous arm strength. Kid flicks his wrist and it flies down field like a bullet. Absolutely unreal!

Return to “Other Media”