NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
C64_Critic

Re: NFL Football

Postby C64_Critic » February 16th, 2020, 6:14 pm

TheEagleXIII wrote:So let's not kid ourselves, Brady's headed back to the Pats, right?

Gotta be. I don't buy any of this media hype about him going to the Raiders (the RAIDERS of all teams!!! "remember the tuck rule!"). I think it's just the normal posturing of both sides coupled with the fact that there isn't a lot going on in the world of sports in general right now so the media has to talk about 'something'. Why not Brady and the Pats?

Retrology

Postby Retrology » March 16th, 2020, 6:55 pm

What the hell are the Texans doing? Just gave up a top five receiver without getting a first round pick and did it to acquire a running back whose best days may be behind.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » March 17th, 2020, 3:17 pm

Brady is gone. Ouch.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 17th, 2020, 6:35 pm

I am shocked they let him go! He still has some gas in the tank!

Voor

Postby Voor » March 17th, 2020, 7:51 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I am shocked they let him go! He still has some gas in the tank!

This was easy. The fact that he was hesitant at all (with a team he spent his entire career with) meant that something was way off. He’ll go to a sucky team, play decent, but get bounced in the first round of the playoffs, and then retire, with no real point proven.

I wish these guys would know when it’s time to move on.

David

Postby David » March 17th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Voor wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I am shocked they let him go! He still has some gas in the tank!

This was easy. The fact that he was hesitant at all (with a team he spent his entire career with) meant that something was way off. He’ll go to a sucky team, play decent, but get bounced in the first round of the playoffs, and then retire, with no real point proven.

I wish these guys would know when it’s time to move on.

I used to think this, since when I was growing up I looked up to Michael Jordan and seeing him in a Wizards uniform was bizarre. Now I look at it a different way. He has what, a year or two left? If the Pats weren’t interested but he still has an opportunity to make a ton of money and play another year which might be the last time he’ll ever play again, good for him. It’s his career and it drives me nuts when talking heads like Colin Cowherd and Stephen A Smith (not saying they are for this situation, I don’t watch or listen to them so I don’t know) talk about how he’s ruining his legacy. It’s not anyone’s career except his. And nothing he does football-wise will erase anything he did in the last twenty years.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » March 18th, 2020, 12:37 am

David wrote:And nothing he does football-wise will erase anything he did in the last twenty years.

Correct... there's no removing that cheating stain :lol:

Retrology

Postby Retrology » March 18th, 2020, 11:08 pm

It’s pretty crazy that signing a 43-year old quarterback is a big deal. Idk if I trust him at this age behind that Bucs offensive line though, and in a straight up drop back offense Bruce Arians has that encourages quarterbacks to stand tall and take hits.

Perhaps they’ll adjust the offense for his skill set.

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » March 20th, 2020, 5:41 am

Gurley gone from the Rams too. I know he didn't have a great season but is it a bit premature to assume he's already peaked?

Voor

Postby Voor » March 20th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Too bad about Gurley, that was truly baffling.

Where will Winston and Newton end up? New England?

Return to “Other Media”