NFL Football

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

NFL Football

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 8th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Well the Ravens will definitely make it to the playoffs this year, providing they play Miami every week. They won 59-10. Lamar Jackson looks like Johnny Unitas. I'm still wondering why the Miami coach was calling timeouts in the last 2 minutes, as if he wanted the Ravens to run up the score... umm. more so.

How did your teams do?

matmico399

Re: NFL Football

Postby matmico399 » September 8th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Absolutely horrible. Thank goodness my college alma mater is it the very top. at least I can rely on good college football action. My pro team sucks!

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » September 9th, 2019, 7:55 am

I'm a dolphins fan, and yea they lost 59-10. I'd like to think they aren't as bad as they were yesterday, but maybe they are that bad. I will still cheer for them to win; I know some fans might cheer for them to lose to get a good draft pick. Maybe they will get better as the season goes on.

Voor

Postby Voor » September 9th, 2019, 2:40 pm

LSU and Saints fan here. Both might have a good year.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » September 9th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Oh, Critic. I remember how, in your review of Madden 19 last year, you lamented the fact that Jackson was the starter for the Ravens over Flacco. It's like EA knew that the writing was on the wall! Still, I wish "Joe Cool" all the best out in Denver, and hope that he can get the Broncos back to the playoffs where they rightfully belong.

Also funny how the only two good quarterbacks ever produced by the University of Louisville got snapped up by Baltimore. It's a little early to call Lamar Jackson the next Johnny Unitas, but man, if he can avoid any sort of catastrophic injury, I think the sky's the limit for that guy. If nothing else, he should have a better career for the Ravens than that other Louisville product Chris Redman did. Ooooof...

As I've mentioned in a few other posts, I'm from Louisville originally, though most of my family is from Chicago. I now live in Oregon, so yeah, there's a few time zones worth of detachment there! I never went to school in Louisville, though I spent some time at Indiana University and took some online classes through Arizona State. Never been much of a college athletics guy. I just don't see the point of pegging all my athletic hopes and dreams on a bunch of teenagers who may-or-may-not be receiving improper benefits from agents or shoe companies. Meh.

I tend to be a bit of a homer for Chicago teams, and have a soft spot for the Bears, Blackhawks, and Cubs. Two out of those three teams perpetually stink, and while I love hockey and grew up watching and playing it, it's next to impossible to watch any NHL games unless you have some sort of premium sports cable package. I still listen to damn near every Blackhawks game on the radio, streaming WGN 720 AM online during the season. Puts me in a happy place like few other things in life can.

I guess if I had an NFL team, it would be the Bears. But they're garbage, year in and year out. I still cling fondly to my copy of the OG Tecmo Bowl with its mostly-intact roster from the '85 Super Bowl team (McMahon! Payton! Gault! Dent! Singletary! McMichael...?) although the roster in the far-superior Tecmo Super Bowl is anything but. You mean I gotta play QB with Jim Harbaugh?? NOOOOOOOOO!!

So yeah, like most football seasons, I'm pretty much just sitting this one out. Good luck to all fans of all NFL teams this year! Except Green Bay. Of course.

I may be 2500 miles away from the nearest can of Old Style, but at least I can still play Tecmo Bowl and think about what might have been. Bears fans, no matter what, you will always, **always** have THE SHUFFLE!

Last edited by Matchstick on September 9th, 2019, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 9th, 2019, 3:54 pm

NCAA for me... Go Dawgs! (And SEC!)

jon

Postby jon » September 9th, 2019, 7:52 pm

The Dolphins lost? Just kidding. I barely watched. The Dolphins haven't been good since '94. I'm not upset at their tanking for the #1 draft pick. It's the wrong year though. I'd rather have Lawrence in 2021 than Tua next year. Was it a tough loss, yes. Was it '94 with Stoyanich missing the kick (I went to the Super Bowl that year)? No.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » September 9th, 2019, 8:07 pm

My Cowboys won (both OSU and Dallas). Don't worry we'll choke in the playoffs. That's what we do.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » September 10th, 2019, 7:59 am

jon wrote:The Dolphins lost? Just kidding. I barely watched. The Dolphins haven't been good since '94. I'm not upset at their tanking for the #1 draft pick. It's the wrong year though. I'd rather have Lawrence in 2021 than Tua next year. Was it a tough loss, yes. Was it '94 with Stoyanich missing the kick (I went to the Super Bowl that year)? No.

I believe it was in the championship game vs the chargers the year they played the 49ers in the super bowl. The fins have had some good years with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas on defense, but overall, they've been mediocre for 20 years. I don't follow a lot of college football, but yeah, people are saying Lawrence is the better talent. Tua could be a bust,

At this point, all my focus is on when the Patriots will fall apart. I kind of stopped really caring after the super bowl when they beat the falcons... I'm still wondering how that happened. People are saying that even after winning six championships, they have the best defense and receivers they've ever had. Maybe someday they will crumble, but I haven't seen any signs yet.

jon

Postby jon » September 10th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Thats one of the biggest games for me. Because I was going to the Super Bowl and it would’ve been the Dolphins at home against the 49ers. I don’t think we would have beaten the 49ers. They killed the chrgers 49-26 in the Super Bowl. But I wanted us to make the super bowl so bad that year. And it would have been entertaining. We were one of the biggest draws in the league back then. We were always ok like 3 Monday night games a year Bc the Dolphins and Marino were so popular

Return to “Other Media”