Most frightening TV moments for you

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Zack Burner

Most frightening TV moments for you

Postby Zack Burner » September 14th, 2019, 9:07 pm

I've done frightening movie moments but what about TV? Not much but here are some standouts for me:

The Twilight Zone:
Of course this classic show and here are a few ones that frightened me:
-The Talking Doll - before there was Chucky there was Talking Tina with her sweet but sinister quotes "My name's Talking Tina, and I don't like you, Going to kill you, etc."
- The After Hours - "Martia" "Martia" "Who are you trying to fool Martia?" followed by one dummy actually moving it's arm! That part still makes me jump.
- Would the Real Martian please Stand up? The scare comes at the end when the customer exposes his third arm (slightly chilling), then the cafe owner takes off his cap revealing a third eye on his forehead (the jump scare)

The Walking Dead
Practically any scene where a corpse springs to life as a Walker still brings the jumps

Are You Afraid of the Dark?
-The Tale of Laughing in the Dark - I was afraid of clowns as a kid and this episode still provided the fears
-The Tale of the Night Shift - A frightening vampire lurking in a hospital plus the vampirized victims especially one laughing evilly
-The Tale of Dead Man's Float - easily the most frightening episode of the series, the pool zombie alone kept kids out of the pool for a while

Goosebumps
-The Haunted Mask - if Carly Beth's growls in the mask didn't scare you, then perhaps the plaster head pleading "Help me..." plus the floating other haunted masks pursuing Carly Beth.

Return to “Other Media”