Action Movies (Seagal, Van Damme etc)

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
jon

Action Movies (Seagal, Van Damme etc)

Postby jon » October 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm

I love action movies featuring bad ass fighters. I love Steven Seagal and almost all of his movies, include
His straight to dvd years in the 2000’s which everyone hated but I loved, like Out Of Reach.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Action Movies (Seagal, Van Damme etc)

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 15th, 2019, 9:15 pm

I'm a big Van Damme fan with Bloodsport being my fav. I wish Van Damme would try to do a new straight-up action movie instead of taking these dramatic straight-to-video roles.

Love Seagal's early work, especially Out of Justice which was the best in my opinion.

jon

Postby jon » October 18th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Man I can’t believe I’m alone on this front. Out for Justice has some brutal scenes, like in the convenient store

Voor

Postby Voor » October 19th, 2019, 6:08 pm

Seen any of the John Wicks?

jon

Postby jon » May 6th, 2020, 11:08 pm

There’s this Seagal movie Out of Reach. It’s from his direct to video days in 2004 when he was getting brutal reviews from everyone. It’s generally viewed that all of these sucked save maybe a couple way later in the decade.
Out of Reach is probably his most hated movie from everyone. I love this movie. It’s actually a very touching film with a great message. He takes on a child trafficking operation. He saves this girl from it. And he doesn’t take the whole thing down just saves her and a boy. I thought that was very gritty and interesting. I’ve found such meaning in the movie. And it’s weird because it’s universally panned. You can’t trust movie reviews.

Tron

Postby Tron » May 23rd, 2020, 7:10 pm

[quote="VideoGameCritic"]I'm a big Van Damme fan with Bloodsport being my fav. I wish Van Damme would try to do a new straight-up action movie instead of taking these dramatic straight-to-video roles.

Love Seagal's early work, especially Out of Justice which was the best in my opinion.[/quote

I LOVE Bloodsport. It’s what I was hoping the Street Fighter movie would be like. Van Dam does a good enough job, but it was all of the other competitors that made the movie so awesome. Bolo is by far my favorite. He should’ve beaten Van Dam to make the movie even better. Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds was pretty cool. He should’ve worked out for the film more, but he still got the job done.

All right here’s one of my favorite movies.....

Best of the Best 1989

This movie rocks. Great cast. Chris Penn is a bit unbelievable, especially in the sequel, but he’s so much attitude you gotta love/hate him. Great fighting and the sequel is good too.

Return to “Other Media”