Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees?

Postby matmico399 » October 25th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Halloween gets ever closer. Two icons of the horror film industry are Michael and Jason. Which do you prefer? Jason to me was so cheesy after the first few films. Michael to me stands the test of time better, although he is definitely dated as well. Your take?

Voor

Re: Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees?

Postby Voor » October 25th, 2019, 10:40 pm

You’ll never guess mine

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 26th, 2019, 12:19 am

Voor wrote:You’ll never guess mine

Freddy Krueger, obviously. :P

Rev

Postby Rev » October 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Honestly, I think Michael Myers and jason Voorhees are both pretty boring horror icons. I would throw my $0.02 in to Freddy Krueger. I think he really did something different for 80's horror slashers (at least in his first film), killing people in their dreams where they are least vulnerable. Leatherface is another horror icon that I find terrifying.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 31st, 2019, 8:10 am

Pinhead. The cenobites remind me of my first serious girlfriend, and I still believe that one day they'll appear in a sequel that's only painful to watch in a good way.

Besides, Michael? Jason? They're both the same thing.

Either one's only a reverse MacGuffin which hunts the other characters in the story. They don't need an explanation beyond representing pure evil, though you're going to hear some tortured attempts to explain how the magic works anyways.

But Self-indulgent Rob Zombie reboots aside, the charm is in their simplicity. Often, you're aware that you're just watching a bunch of people having fun with the concept. Especially when they get a bit creative with the death scenes. And isn't playing with your fears the entire point of the holiday to begin with?

If I wanted to really scare myself, I'd watch the news.

noah98

Postby noah98 » October 31st, 2019, 3:30 pm

Michael Myers, first two Halloween movies. I like the other campy slasher figures too, but Michael is the best!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 2nd, 2019, 10:30 am

I actually like Jason, because he seems like more of a monster. Michael Myers is more a sociopathic killer.

Return to “Other Media”