The *NEW* Sonic Live Action Movie Trailer

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
astrodomekid

The *NEW* Sonic Live Action Movie Trailer

Postby astrodomekid » November 12th, 2019, 8:48 pm

OK... I actually feel a lot better now.

It seems like only yesterday when Paramount released their first trailer for the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie, and boy... was it a disaster. Everywhere I looked people were losing their minds over Sonic’s horrific redesign, and this website was no exception. I haven’t seen such massive outrage over an unfortunate victim of abuse of authority since the L.A. riots. And when I finally did watch it, I myself took a huge hit in hopes for the project, the franchise in general, and the overall will to live. But the new trailer just came out, I just watched it, and it’s a BIG improvement. Not only does Sonic himself look infinitely better, but it actually felt a lot funnier this time around. Some of the jokes actually got a chuckle out of me, and Jim Carrey appears to play a damn funny villain. As someone who saw “A Series of Unfortunate Events” as a kid, I knew he would be one of the better parts of the film, and this new trailer pretty much confirmed my theory.

I’m not gonna act like it might be “film of the year” or anything - we’ll just have to wait until the film actually comes out to determine whether it’s any good or not - but the new trailer while not perfect still raised my hopes for the project quite a bit. The creators of the film actually listened to the negative feedback for once and patched things up enough that everyone felt their spirits raise up a little, and that’s something that rarely ever happens in the modern film industry.

So who knows... maybe this film will actually be decent after all.

Sonicx9

Re: The *NEW* Sonic Live Action Movie Trailer

Postby Sonicx9 » November 14th, 2019, 12:20 am

astrodomekid wrote:OK... I actually feel a lot better now.

It seems like only yesterday when Paramount released their first trailer for the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie, and boy... was it a disaster. Everywhere I looked people were losing their minds over Sonic’s horrific redesign, and this website was no exception. I haven’t seen such massive outrage over an unfortunate victim of abuse of authority since the L.A. riots. And when I finally did watch it, I myself took a huge hit in hopes for the project, the franchise in general, and the overall will to live. But the new trailer just came out, I just watched it, and it’s a BIG improvement. Not only does Sonic himself look infinitely better, but it actually felt a lot funnier this time around. Some of the jokes actually got a chuckle out of me, and Jim Carrey appears to play a damn funny villain. As someone who saw “A Series of Unfortunate Events” as a kid, I knew he would be one of the better parts of the film, and this new trailer pretty much confirmed my theory.

I’m not gonna act like it might be “film of the year” or anything - we’ll just have to wait until the film actually comes out to determine whether it’s any good or not - but the new trailer while not perfect still raised my hopes for the project quite a bit. The creators of the film actually listened to the negative feedback for once and patched things up enough that everyone felt their spirits raise up a little, and that’s something that rarely ever happens in the modern film industry.

So who knows... maybe this film will actually be decent after all.

I did see it it over 9000 times better thank god.

Return to “Other Media”