No Mandalorian for Xfinity users

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

No Mandalorian for Xfinity users

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 15th, 2019, 7:53 pm

So I decided to sit down an subscribe to Disney+ so I can watch the Mandalorian, because I hear it kicks ass.

So I go thru all the horrible xfinity menus and can't find it. Check online and nothing.
Finally I do a search on my Xfinity box for Mandalorian, and it says Disney+ is not available for X1
What kind of [expletive] is that? It's only got about 30 other streaming services I couldn't give a [expletive] about.

I realize I could sign up on my computer and watch it there, but I absolutely hate watching video on a computer.

Comcast is the worst.

Stalvern

Re: No Mandalorian for Xfinity users

Postby Stalvern » December 15th, 2019, 7:59 pm

It could be worse. You could be supporting Disney's eventual monopoly of the entertainment industry.
Last edited by Stalvern on December 15th, 2019, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » December 15th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Dave, you have both an Xbox One and a PS4...time to get them on the Internet.

The Mandalorian rules and is definitely worth it. If you have a Verizon phone you get a year of Disney+ for free.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » December 16th, 2019, 7:40 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:S
I realize I could sign up on my computer and watch it there, but I absolutely hate watching video on a computer.

Connect your PC to big screen TV.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 16th, 2019, 8:38 am

ActRaiser wrote:Dave, you have both an Xbox One and a PS4...time to get them on the Internet.

The Mandalorian rules and is definitely worth it. If you have a Verizon phone you get a year of Disney+ for free.

Yeah, agreed. I don't have Disney+, but I see it available on my PS4. Once you finally go full-time online with your systems, I think you'll realize that there's no harm and it actually makes for a much better experience.

If you're against that though, you can buy a separate streaming device. I assume the Amazon Firestick has Disney+ on it, and Firesticks are usually on sale for about $25 on Amazon around this time of year. Easy peezy.

I had never even considered buying a streaming service like Disney+ through my cable provider.. sounds very old school.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » December 16th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Stalvern wrote:It could be worse. You could be supporting Disney's eventual monopoly of the entertainment industry.

Couldn't. Agree. More.

Voor

Postby Voor » December 16th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Don’t make too much of a fuss, or they’ll swipe up this website with a check from the money they made in the amount of time it took me to write this sentence.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » December 19th, 2019, 10:15 am

I'm more worried about the politicians who make monopolies possible than the cannibalistic entertainment giants which take advantage of their generosity. At least for now.

Especially since Disney is one of the few soulless monsters that still worries about including positive role models in its stories. At least sometimes.

And I'm way more worried about what Sinclair media is doing with its power, for example. No matter what your politics are, this is extremely dangerous to our democracy.

Edit: Apparently, this video upset some people? There's a surprise.
Last edited by ThePixelatedGenocide on December 19th, 2019, 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 19th, 2019, 11:06 am

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:I'm way more worried about what Sinclair media is doing with its power. No matter what your politics are, this is extremely dangerous to our democracy.

Ha, I forgot that Deadspin posted that. No wonder they had to shut up and stick to sports.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 20th, 2019, 7:53 pm

I sent you a pm Critic

Return to “Other Media”