No Mandalorian for Xfinity users

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Re: No Mandalorian for Xfinity users

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 23rd, 2019, 8:21 pm

Anyway, here in the UK we cannot actually watch the show as they have not rolled out Disney plus to us yet. Of course some of us have used the force to see it. An amazing show.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 29th, 2019, 10:53 am

So I ended up getting Disney+ for my Xbox One. The signal is pretty intermittent. It sometimes takes several tries to sign in, and sometimes the show pauses in the middle to load.

The thing is, I don't know if it's the Disney+ at fault or my weak Comcast signal. The error messages are always extremely vaguely ("something went wrong. try again later")

Anyway I got through the Mandalorian and I enjoyed it, but I'll probably cancel my Disney+ plus since I'm still in the seven day free trial window. There were only eight episodes.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » December 30th, 2019, 8:40 am

In my humble opinion you may want to consider upgrading your network connection. I use a 40 MB DSL connection and stream over WiFi using an N or G connection type. Regardless, the Xbox is only about 15 feet through a single wall from the Wi-Fi.

Before moving I used to game in the basement and used an ethernet over electric lines device that worked great for online gaming as well.

Something like this may solve your problems.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tp-link-po ... lsrc=aw.ds

There are tons of them.

I have had zero problems with Disney+ other than the first day. After that everything works great with no skips or pauses or unexpected slowness.

A comcast internet approach should get you 100 Mb minimum. Unless you've got some jerkwad on your block constantly using up all available bandwidth as it's a shared connection that is. But Comcast should in theory help with that. However, I'd start with a wired approach from your router to your Xbox first.

Happy New Years!

Return to “Other Media”