Favorite Grunge Albums

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
LoganRuckman

Re: Favorite Grunge Albums

Postby LoganRuckman » June 3rd, 2020, 7:24 pm

For the record, I do think Nevermind is a great album, just not my favorite by then.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » June 3rd, 2020, 8:52 pm

jon wrote:Anyone that criticizes Nevermind is just trying to act cool.

Nevermind certainly appears one of the most influential LP's of all time (and Nirvana one of the most influential bands in rock history) to one that studies music history and evolution of styles. I am not sure how one can make themselves like it if they do not though.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » June 4th, 2020, 4:40 am

1) Alice in Chains "Dirt" Their darkest and heaviest album

2) Tad "Inhaler" Loud, heavy and dirty like a good grunge album should be. And the songs are brutally catchy. Especially the first three on the disc...

3) Nirvana "Nevermind" Yeah, it's a painfully obvious choice. But it's a really strong album from top to bottom. And it still holds up today....

Melvins "Hooch" A really heavy and weird album

jon

Postby jon » July 10th, 2020, 11:02 pm

I think I'm starting to realize that the grunge explosion ended some good hair metal bands. I liked Skid Row back in 1989-1990, but I've been listening to their records lately, and the first 2 albums are amazing. I'm a big Warrant fan, and they got dropped from their record label after Dog Eat Dog. That's really unbelievable how much grunge changed things.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 11th, 2020, 1:19 am

Talking about Hair/Glam metal I have been listening to WASP lately. Headless Children is an ATF. The band continued to release material during the Grunge / Nu Metal years. Their release KFD is bizarrely Nine Inch Nails influenced. Now Blackie Lawless has evolved WASP into a Christian Rock band. No doubt about it though, Blackie can still carry a tune, amazing vocals.

Return to “Other Media”