Secret Code?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
DaHeckIzDat

Secret Code?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 23rd, 2020, 12:09 pm

I just made up a secret code that I'm thinking about using in one of my stories, but I want to make sure that it's not too difficult to figure out. Here is the key and a message written in it. Can you solve it?

RDJ, TLP, PSA, TAW, MNG, PLM, AAR, IDA, VIE, YYM, TEK, ERI, VVQ, GOG, XZR, JKJ, ZAD, BPP, RNS, FLU, GNA, YQH, UUL, TIW, QQQ, FAC

PSAXZRGOGAARBPPRDJFLUGNAERIRDJFLUVIEXZRGOGRNS XZRGOG RNSXZRERIYQHVIEGOGAAR VVQQQQ PSAXZRTAWMNG! AARVIEYQHMNG QQQXZRGNABPPMNGERIPLM RDJ JKJRDJFLU XZRGOG FLUIDAMNG TLPRDJPSATEK, RDJGOGTAW RNSVVQMNGRDJBPP JKJMNGRDJGOGGNAFLU TLPGNAFLUFLUMNGBPP XZRGOG QQQXZRGNABPP PLMRDJYQHXZRBPPVIEFLUMNG IDAXZRGNARNSMNGJKJERIRDJGOGFLU FLUXZR VVQRDJTEKMNG RDJERIERI QQQXZRGNABPP UULVIERNSIDAMNGRNS PSAXZRVVQMNG FLUBPPGNAMNG. VVQQQQ TAWXZRAAR’RNS GOGRDJVVQMNG VIERNS TLPGNAFLUFLUIDAXZRERIMNG. GOGXZRFLU BPPMNGRDJERIERIQQQ. QQQMNGRNS, VIE’VVQ YYMGNARNSFLU FLUBPPQQQVIEGOG FLUXZR PSAXZRGOGPLMGNARNSMNG QQQXZRGNA GOGXZRUUL. FLUIDARDJGOGTEKRNS PLMXZRBPP JKJERIRDJQQQVIEGOGAAR! VIE’VVQ AARXZRVIEGOGAAR FLUXZR FLURDJTEKMNG RDJ GOGRDJJKJ…

Luigi & Peach

Re: Secret Code?

Postby Luigi & Peach » July 26th, 2020, 8:44 am

I would assume that each 3 letter code in the key represents a letter of the alphabet, especially since there are 26 3-letter combinations. Haven't had the time to try and decode your passage below though.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 26th, 2020, 10:28 am

I was thinking the same, but didn't feel like going through the trouble of doing the search and replace.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 26th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Tiresome to do manually but if you can code in any language, it is a simple for loop and indexing an array. Not sure you purposely misspelled Yourself. To make problem challenging, change the positions of A, B, C etc (but not via cyclic shift rather an interleaver). Will turn this into an NP hard problem to solve then.

CONGRATULATIONS ON SOLVING MY CODE! GIVE YOURELF A PAT ON THE BACK, AND SMEAR PEANUT BUTTER ON YOUR FAVORITE HOUSEPLANT TO MAKE ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE. MY DOG’S NAME IS BUTTHOLE. NOT REALLY. YES, I’M JUST TRYIN TO CONFUSE YOU NOW. THANKS FOR PLAYING! I’M GOING TO TAKE A NAP…

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 27th, 2020, 5:02 am

Nice! DrLitch got it! Glad to see it works :)

Return to “Other Media”