Fave Kiss album

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Fave Kiss album

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 12th, 2020, 7:18 am

What is everyone's fave Kiss album. The best band ever to come out of America, lol.
70s.. would be Hotter than hell.. all the good tunes were on that one..
80s would be hard as I was really into them.. Killer for the Bob Kulick songs
then probably Crazy nights.
90s... Revenge.. they were off the boil somewhat
2000s... Anatomy 2009 the Ace Frehley solo album
2010 to 2020 Space invade Ace Frehley.

Solo albums ranked
Paul Stanley
Ace Frehley
Gene Simmons
Peter Criss

Live albums
3 is their best
then 2
then 1
after which we have kiss symphony the very epitome of why you should not try to make metal songs into symphonies..

LuckyMan

Re: Fave Kiss album

Postby LuckyMan » September 12th, 2020, 9:10 am

I love Kiss, but I'm only a fan of the 70's albums with the original members. I think Destroyer might be my favorite studio album. It has great songs and great production. My fave live album is Alive II. The energy on that recording is ridiculous. Plus there are some great studio cuts on the last side. As far as the solo albums, I would rank them similarly, but with Gene's 2nd. I find the songs very interesting to listen to. Such a variety of styles. Ace's is great, but is pretty much the same style all the way through with lots of guitar wanking so I get a little bored after awhile.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » September 13th, 2020, 5:24 pm

Kiss Alive II, then Destroyer.

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » September 13th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Controversial choice but Music From the Elder is my fa-nah just kidding.

Still potentially controversial - Creatures of the Night and Lick it Up. Creatures of the Night was my gateway into KISS back when I was beginning to soften from the more extreme metal genres, so I've fond nostalgia for it. Although the highs on previous albums are so much higher, both Creatures and Lick It Up tend to be albums I find myself leaving to play without skipping any songs.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » September 14th, 2020, 5:43 am

I am a huge music fan however, I could never get into KISS. I remember as a kid my older brother has his roomed adorned with all of those felt like posters of KISS. Needless to say he was a huge fan. I should give them another listen.

bluenote

Postby bluenote » September 14th, 2020, 8:08 am

My favourite is Rock and Roll Over, followed closely by their self titled debut and Kiss Alive.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » September 14th, 2020, 2:23 pm

i LOVE 80's KISS but don't care much for the 70s stuff
Lick It Up is my favorite KISS album

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 14th, 2020, 6:24 pm

My cousin Kevin turned me on to KISS but he kind of freaked me out. I was real little when showed me the Rock and Roll Over cover, and he told me Gene Simmons had a cow's tongue grafted to his which is why it was so long. He also said Ace Frehley could jump ten feet into the air. To this day I believe everything he told me.
Attachments
kiss.jpg
kiss.jpg (181.32 KiB) Viewed 130 times

LuckyMan

Postby LuckyMan » September 14th, 2020, 7:51 pm

That's funny about the cow tongue. I had forgotten about that, but I remember now that rumor going around. Hilarious!

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » September 15th, 2020, 11:16 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:My cousin Kevin turned me on to KISS but he kind of freaked me out. I was real little when showed me the Rock and Roll Over cover, and he told me Gene Simmons had a cow's tongue grafted to his which is why it was so long. He also said Ace Frehley could jump ten feet into the air. To this day I believe everything he told me.

Now THAT is an album cover!!! To me, it always looked like a really crazy, over the top anime version of those old 70's KISS cartoons. And for that reason alone, it's also my favorite KISS album...

Return to “Other Media”