Smashing Pumpkins CYR

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BanjoPickles

Smashing Pumpkins CYR

Postby BanjoPickles » September 23rd, 2020, 12:21 am

I know that there are a few Smashing Pumpkins fans on this site. Has anybody had the chance to listen to the two new songs from the upcoming double album? As somebody who has been disappointed with most of Billy’s work for the past ten years (the exception being Oceania), I was really impressed with the two songs. They have a distinct Depeche Mode feel to them, and they’re the first songs he’s written in a long time that don’t feel like limp retreads.

What are your thoughts?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Smashing Pumpkins CYR

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 23rd, 2020, 4:26 pm

I'm the biggest Smashing Pumpkins fan who ever lived, but I'm a little gun-shy after that piece of garbage album they released last time "Shiny and Oh So Bright..."

Hopefully they can get back on track with this one. Otherwise it's gonna be TWICE the misery!!

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » September 23rd, 2020, 6:59 pm

That album WAS garbage! The only song I liked was Travels. The two new songs are already better than anything off of Shiny, which is a good sign.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » September 29th, 2020, 11:27 pm

And just like that, my expectations have been deflated. Two more songs have been released: one is terrible (Confessions of a Dopamine Addict) and the other very average. I know that it has been a long time, but how is it that the guy whose ambition once resulted in one of the most perfect albums of the 1990’s (Siamese Dream) not recognize his own garbage when he hears it?

Return to “Other Media”