NBA playoffs

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Voor

NBA playoffs

Postby Voor » September 30th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Finals are set with Lakes taking on the Heat. Drama aside, i have REALLY enjoyed the action from the Bubble. Playoffs have been great.

I correctly predicted the Heat would take out the Bucks, and was pleasantly surprised they beat the Celtics. I'm not sure how big of a chance they have against Lebron and AD, but it'll be exciting to watch.

Retro STrife

Re: NBA playoffs

Postby Retro STrife » September 30th, 2020, 4:44 pm

I've been following along with the scores and storylines, but I've watched less games than usual this year. I'm hoping to tune in more during the Finals. It's a little harder to enjoy games without the crowd, but I think the NBA has handled it well with what they have to work with. Really I'm impressed overall with how they've handled the Bubble. As for the teams, I would have never predicted the Heat ending up there, but it makes for a good underdog storyline. Especially if they can keep it competitive.

But really, the best part of the NBA playoffs has been its contribution to bringing mainstream sports back. And proving that it could be done and was worth doing. Plus, as someone who watches a lot of ESPN and listens to ESPN Radio, it's great to finally hear them talk about sports being played again. Tuning into ESPN during April/May was some dreadful stuff.

Return to “Other Media”