Kwaidan

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Zack Burner

Kwaidan

Postby Zack Burner » October 10th, 2020, 9:23 pm

I stumbled upon this old, but impeccably effective horror anthology from Japan, tells 4 ghostly tales that are also artistic and cultural as well. A samurai abandons his life of poverty and wife for another woman, then wishes for his old wife back and upon returning gets a shocking surprise when you least expect it. A woodcutter's apprentice encounters a strange, beautiful ghostly woman appears before him, drains his master's life, but spares him provided he tell no one, can he keep the promise? A blind musician is beckoned by a ghostly samurai to sing an epic song for the ghosts of a long dead royal family, but what are they really planning to do? A samurai sees a reflection of a strange man in his cup of tea, what is this man and what does he want? They say that the Japanese tell some of the best not to mention most frightening of ghost stories, so should you find this great anthology you'll be rewarded splendidly with its artistry and sense of dread then terror.

Zack Burner

Re: Kwaidan

Postby Zack Burner » October 11th, 2020, 6:48 am

From what I know, this movie on DVD or Blu-Ray is quit rare and expensive though I was lucky and found it for free on the Internet Archive, though you can also find it on Amazon video as well.

Return to “Other Media”