Recent Movies You Saw

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Voor

Re: Recent Movies You Saw

Postby Voor » January 13th, 2021, 6:03 am

I’m working my way through the Lord of the Rings movies. I haven’t watched them since the theatre. I don’t know, I’m kind of wondering why we all went gaga over them. They’re just OK. Maybe they haven’t aged well.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » January 14th, 2021, 2:03 pm

Last night I saw V for Vendetta. "Remember, remember, the fifth of November." Gotta love Hugo Weaving's performance as V. And who can forget John Hurt as Chancellor Sutler? Of course he's no stranger to dystopia, having played the victim in "1984". John Hurt was one of my favorite actors.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » January 20th, 2021, 12:19 pm

See No Evil 1 and 2. I thought both were pretty good. But for me, the first one is better.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » January 20th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Zack Burner wrote:Last night I saw V for Vendetta. "Remember, remember, the fifth of November." Gotta love Hugo Weaving's performance as V. And who can forget John Hurt as Chancellor Sutler? Of course he's no stranger to dystopia, having played the victim in "1984". John Hurt was one of my favorite actors.

I've only ever seen the movie once in the theater when it came out. It's fine on a technical level and I don't remember having any real issues with the performances or anything, but it really misses out on the complexity of the graphic novel. Alan Moore isn't the easiest comic writer to adapt anyway (even though the only truly bad movie I think they've made of his work is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) but there is a lot of ambiguity that gets lost in translation in this one in particular.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » January 22nd, 2021, 9:10 pm

The Marksman
Just saw this in the theater tonight. Pretty much cookie- cutter Liam Neeson fare. Good guy trying to do right. Wrong place, wrong time. Predictable.

But, we knew exactly what we were going to get, and it delivered exactly what we wanted. Neither surprised nor disappointed.

Was heartening to see about 20 people in a theater.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » January 22nd, 2021, 9:48 pm

Mr. Church with Eddie Murphy, playing a dramatic role as opposed to his more comedic roles. Sadly the critics weren't so nice to it. Such a shame, this deserves more credit.

Return to “Other Media”