Recent Movies You Saw

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Re: Recent Movies You Saw

Postby matmico399 » November 19th, 2021, 6:59 pm

Zack Burner wrote:Even though I'm not into it, I watched out of curiosity, GI Joe: The Movie, the original animated movie. Pretty exciting with higher stakes, more hardcore, gutwrenching elements including Cobra Commanders transformation from man to snake, and who could forget the frightening Golobulus, voiced by Burgess Meredith himself, having a ball in the role with lines like "I will break every vertebrae in your body!" and "This pitiful planet will be ours! ha hahahhahah!" Of course true fans love the spotlight of Sgt. Slaughter himself and Falcon (voiced by Don Johnson) and his redemption by defeating Cobra. Believe it or not, the writers wanted Duke to die, but after the controversy of Optimus Prime's death in the Transformers movie they changed it to falling into a coma. That's a bit lame.
Zack. Zack I'm glad you like foreign films too. If you haven't seen it check out a film called "Come and See' it's a Russian film and it is mind-blowing. One of the most powerful films I have ever seen and I just saw it recently it's very hard to watch but it is a film you will never forget. I highly recommend.

DialSforSam

Postby DialSforSam » November 20th, 2021, 5:12 pm

Spider-Man (2002). Getting started so I can be ready for No Way Home next month.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » November 20th, 2021, 6:32 pm

Just finished watching the original Rocky movie, celebrating it's 45th anniversary! Still an amazing movie, I even like the 3rd movie as well.

DialSforSam wrote:Spider-Man (2002). Getting started so I can be ready for No Way Home next month.

Ah yes, I still remember when that first movie came out in theatres like it was yesterday, I saw it twice, the first with friends, the 2nd with Mom and both were magical!

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » November 20th, 2021, 10:51 pm

I just watched Shutter Island for the first time. Decent movie, but there's one thing that's bugging me (spoiler alert!)

When "Teddy" goes back to the hospital after spending the night in the cave, he confronts Dr. Cawley about his missing partner. Later we learn that Chuck was working with the doctors the whole time. But for some reason, Cawley tells Teddy that he has no partner and that he came there alone. Why? His ultimate goal is to cure Teddy's insanity, and he does this by...gaslighting him? Does that sound counterproductive to anyone else?

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » November 22nd, 2021, 7:00 pm

Just finished watching Rocky 2. Good but not as good as the original, though it still has the emotional power of the first. Sometime later I'll catch number 3

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » November 25th, 2021, 11:11 pm

Just finished watching one of the all-time greats of comedy celebrating a late 40th anniversary: "The Blues Brothers"! Even after all those years, it's still bursting at the seams with awesomeness and humor galore. I mean come on, you get some real BIG names like Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Twiggy, James Brown, Cab Calloway, Carrie Fischer, Steve Lawerence, Paul Reubens, John Candy, and the headliners Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi. Lots of fun with the chases and music. I could go on and on, but surely you get the picture.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » November 26th, 2021, 11:08 am

8 bit Christmas.

I really liked it. It's good, wholesome fun. It kind of had a Goonies vibe to it.

If you like video games and grew up in the 80s you'll love it.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 6th, 2021, 4:45 pm

Throughout my childhood since the age of 8 there was one fantasy movie that has stuck with me more than any other, and I just finished watching it and feeling its magic once more, a timeless masterpiece, "The Neverending Story" For decades, I kept coming back to this one time and time again. It's just so magical you'll envy young Bastion as he follows Atreyu through Fantasia, weep as he lost his horse Artax, fly with Falcor (I still love that dragon!), and shiver with fear when Atreyu encounters the frightening wolf G'mork (he still gives me nightmares!). The effects have stood the test of time, the story moves you, and there's this one quote from the luckdragon, "Never give up and good luck will find you!"

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 7th, 2021, 9:38 pm

Just finished another movie, this time a football movie: Gridiron Gang, starring Dwayne Johnson based on a true story about the Mustangs a football team of boys in a youth detention center. A long way to redemption and victory but is it all worth it? Watch and find out. The highlight of this movie is where Sean (Johnson) gears up and challenges one player during practice to try and knock him down, he keeps failing but gets encouraged to keep getting up and try again until he finally succeeds. It has to be seen to be believed.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 8th, 2021, 6:29 pm

Haven't been to any movie theater in a few years, but it was great to finally get the opportunity to see "Ghostbusters Afterlife". I loved every minute of it, went in with high expectations and it delivered almost perfectly, I went out smiling. I won't reveal anything in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, but it exceeded my expectations much better than the 2016 female version, not that I disliked that version in anyway shape or form, but this one paid full respect to the fans with plenty of homages, and nods. The main girl Carrie Coon did a great job, as did the other kids and cast members. It is not without a few flaws though, the original group doesn't show up until later, and some faces are completely left out, though one member doesn't show up until part way through the credits (I recommend sitting through the credits for best results), and there are a few plot holes. Otherwise, if you're a Ghostbusters fan this is a must-see!

Return to “Other Media”